I own a ACU Plate Carrier and need help with camo in general

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

I own a ACU Plate Carrier and need help with camo in general

Postby Blazers » Sat May 05, 2012 1:00 am

So like title says I own a Plate Carrier in ACU yeah i know ACU...
so My questions is do any other camo's go with acu decently? im in the process of buying Rifle Mag/Pistol Mag pouches
a Camel back, and a Combat Shirt, Pants,Face Mask, Hat etc. And since most of you know oregon and acu are not the best of matches so would OD or BDU or Digital Woodland mix with ACU decently? Or any other camo's You Guys/Girls can recommend, Or should I just stick with Complete ACU.
Blazers
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: I own a ACU Plate Carrier and need help with camo in gen

Postby Lukens » Sat May 05, 2012 1:21 am

Well, its ACU. Standard procedure with ACU gear here is to spray paint it with Krylon camo spray paint. I painted my ACU plate carrier with it, and it turned out wonderfully. So, go paint your gear whatever color you want, and match your uniform to that. As far as cammies go, old school BDU's are popular, and so is MARPAT. two most common cammies out here. OD green is cool though too. Whatever fits your personal style best, go for it.

Just for gods sake, get rid of that ACU!
Remember folks, It's all Bullshit.
Lukens
Soldier
Soldier

Postby STRIK3 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:24 am

Blazers wrote:So like title says I own a Plate Carrier in ACU yeah i know ACU...
so My questions is do any other camo's go with acu decently? im in the process of buying Rifle Mag/Pistol Mag pouches
a Camel back, and a Combat Shirt, Pants,Face Mask, Hat etc. And since most of you know oregon and acu are not the best of matches so would OD or BDU or Digital Woodland mix with ACU decently? Or any other camo's You Guys/Girls can recommend, Or should I just stick with Complete ACU.

ACU stuff is really cheap these days. Screw the haters, be awesome, and build a US Army impression.

ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby McNair » Sat May 05, 2012 3:45 am

Lukens is a tool, and I'm mad, because I was buying that ACU PC off Spencer, but SPencer is also a tool.
FOr the price Lukens bought it, he could have bought a OD PC for the same price. Sucker.

Anyway.
As STRIKE3 said, shazaam the haters.
I've worn full ACU many times and upsidedown people's worlds up.

Camo doesn't mean shit in airsoft if you just push.

If your style is hiding behind a tree... then yeah, get some phony pony camo like Marpat, 'cause it works great.

I wear either DCU or ACU and shazaam people's worlds up.
McNair

Postby Blazers » Sat May 05, 2012 1:20 pm

McNair wrote:Lukens is a tool, and I'm mad, because I was buying that ACU PC off Spencer, but SPencer is also a tool.
FOr the price Lukens bought it, he could have bought a OD PC for the same price. Sucker.

Anyway.
As STRIKE3 said, f**k the haters.
I've worn full ACU many times and f***ed people's worlds up.

Camo doesn't mean shit in airsoft if you just push.

If your style is hiding behind a tree... then yeah, get some phony pony camo like Marpat, 'cause it works great.

I wear either DCU or ACU and f**k people's worlds up.

So should i spray paint it OD or just run ACU, I dont plan on Hiding Much. 8)
and does the Krylon really do a good job? Like no flaking paint or odors and does it look decent when you started with ACU?
Blazers
Grunt
Grunt

Postby STRIK3 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Spray painting ACU with OD paint makes it appear a lot like Ranger Green. I'd say put together an awesome looking, all ACU US Army kit (if for no other reason than nobody else really does them anymore). Mixing ACU with other camo patterns doesn't really work, I'd stick with solid colors except for black.

STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Blazers » Sat May 05, 2012 1:30 pm

STRIK3 wrote:Spray painting ACU with OD paint makes it appear a lot like Ranger Green. I'd say put together an awesome looking, all ACU US Army kit (if for no other reason than nobody else really does them anymore). Mixing ACU with other camo patterns doesn't really work, I'd stick with solid colors except for black.

Ok that might work I still need to buy some pants/a combat shirt/boonie/balaclava,shemagh/and a camel back/rifle pouches,pistol pouches etc. i dont know why but for some reason i was appealed to digital woodland/OD accessories for the loadout.
Blazers
Grunt
Grunt

Postby STRIK3 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Just check around the internet and at surplus stores. Nobody wants the ACU stuff anymore, so they're practically giving it away. I've seen some pretty awesome deals on perfectly good gear where the only thing "wrong" with it is that it's in ACU.

STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Blazers » Sat May 05, 2012 1:42 pm

STRIK3 wrote:Just check around the internet and at surplus stores. Nobody wants the ACU stuff anymore, so they're practically giving it away. I've seen some pretty awesome deals on perfectly good gear where the only thing "wrong" with it is that it's in ACU.

Yeah ive seen where i live alot of ACU and BDU going for the same price,
and i can get rifle and pistol mag pouches/boonie hat/balaclava or a shemagh in whatever camo i want for the same price
so with those items should i go with OD and just keep the vest the only ACU part?
Blazers
Grunt
Grunt

Postby STRIK3 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Get all ACU pouches (see the photo I posted) as that will be the best looking and cheapest route. When I was talking about getting solid color pouches, that would be for something you "need" but doesn't come in ACU.

STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Return to Tactical Equipment