Goggles That Will Fit Over Glasses

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Goggles That Will Fit Over Glasses

Postby JustAStick » Tue May 15, 2012 4:58 pm

I am looking to buy a new pair of goggles because the eye protection I have now I bought before I got glasses so now when I play airsoft I can only see clearly up to 10ft away. Does anyone have any suggestions on cheap goggles that will fit over glasses?
JustAStick
Recruit
Recruit

Team: SDFS

Re: Goggles That Will Fit Over Glasses

Postby Mcluvin » Tue May 15, 2012 5:13 pm

I use the mesh goggles linked below, over my glasses. They are very cheap and have lasted me approximately 2 years now. The only time I reccomend not wearing them is during a night game, or even when the sun has gone down significantly enough to notice a major lighting difference. You won't be able to see much at all then.

http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/index.ph ... &Itemid=28

Hope this helped you.
forgottensons.webs.com
Mcluvin
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [FS]

Postby McNair » Tue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm

I've used mesh over my smaller frames. My large frames I normally wear don't fit well under anything.
Though, even with mesh I still sometimes fog up on my glasses.

I'm thinking the best solution is getting a prescription for contacts and getting a bunch of coupons for free contacts and just use them for games.

Or, go to http://www.rx-safety.com and get some prescription safety glasses.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby Hamster » Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Basically, anything ski goggle shaped. If your eyepro tends to fog up while you're playing, you might want to go with mesh But, like McNair, his glasses fog up too. Just apply anti fog to your glasses or use dish soap with a cloth and apply it to your glasses maybe.

There's also prescription eyepro, although that's the spendy route.

Then there's contacts. But with contacts, you'll need to bring all your crap like the case, the saline solution, take them out when you're going to sleep, etc.

I wear my contacts when I'm playing, and rarely I've worn my glasses. Because my glasses end up being taken off when I take off my eyepro, and I have no peripheral vision with glasses.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cosmos » Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Sunglasses-Matching-Z87-1-2003-Standards/dp/B0028NEWD8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337199418&sr=8-1

I use the eyepro linked above. The fit over my medium framed glasses just fine and they are affordable. The only issue is that they are not full seal. The have gaps that BBs could get through but they are no worse than your average shooting glasses that people do wear in the field. They NEVER fog and they can be found with clear/smoke/yellow lenses. The Smoke ones will make you look like you're just wearing sunglasses. I have the clear ones in the picture below

"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
-Carl Sagan
Cosmos
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Steve » Sun May 20, 2012 12:30 am

The ESS Land Ops Strykers work over normal-sized glasses. The Profile NVG's don't.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby SleepyDave » Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 am

Doesn't ESS also do a goggle set that has a built-in fan to prevent fogging? How well do they work in practice?

Also, first I've heard of the Profiles not fitting over normal glasses. Would they fit over ESS ICE-R or Oakley M-frames?
"Hey, where the shazaam did you go? You haven't said two words since Baghdad."
"No more Ripped Fuel."
SleepyDave
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Steve » Sun May 20, 2012 11:27 am

SleepyDave wrote:Doesn't ESS also do a goggle set that has a built-in fan to prevent fogging? How well do they work in practice?

Also, first I've heard of the Profiles not fitting over normal glasses. Would they fit over ESS ICE-R or Oakley M-frames?

ESS does make ones with fans. Covet. Haven't had a chance to try them out, though.

The Oakley M-frame is way bulkier than normal glasses, so it really won't work under a set of goggles. M-frames use prescription inserts rather than cutting the lens to shape. They have other styles with prescription lenses rather than inserts, though.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby VogonFord » Sun May 20, 2012 7:02 pm

US issue Sun, Wind and Dust goggles fit over at least my glasses comfortably.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby icebullet » Mon May 21, 2012 6:06 pm

VogonFord wrote:US issue Sun, Wind and Dust goggles fit over at least my glasses comfortably.

I didn't think those were safe for airsoft..

Have you tested them?
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby VogonFord » Tue May 22, 2012 2:46 pm

They're designed to provide mild protection to shrapnel. I think a BB will be stopped by it.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Junto » Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm

I tested my pair years ago and they were fine. They fog in seconds, though. Awful for airsoft.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby SleepyDave » Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 am

Steve wrote:
SleepyDave wrote:Doesn't ESS also do a goggle set that has a built-in fan to prevent fogging? How well do they work in practice?

ESS does make ones with fans. Covet. Haven't had a chance to try them out, though.

The Oakley M-frame is way bulkier than normal glasses, so it really won't work under a set of goggles. M-frames use prescription inserts rather than cutting the lens to shape. They have other styles with prescription lenses rather than inserts, though.

For clarification, are you saying the M-frames don't fit under the Profiles, or that the M-frames don't fit under most goggles period?
"Hey, where the shazaam did you go? You haven't said two words since Baghdad."
"No more Ripped Fuel."
SleepyDave
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Tactical Equipment