I think this falls in "Other Gear" (smoke grenades)

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: I think this falls in "Other Gear" (smoke grenades)

Postby Shadowsta13 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:17 am

FoxtrotTenLambda wrote:An update: For those who are age 16 on the state of Oregon, your local Bi-Mart has pull-string smoke grenades (like the one shaped like a pineapple grenade) for $3.99 with no shipping costs instead of $4.99 and shipping from onlinefireworks.com. They also carry variety packs of smoke sticks that contain 6 useable fireworks, but they are fuse lit for $3.49. I know my advertising this might seem useless, but those pull string pineapples arent that bad, i'd say they're alright for a large smokescreen if a whole squad sets them off at once. The sticks, which allow colored smoke, are good for using as a signal, but if you're after a rainbow smokescreen I'd have to ask if you were going for epic, silly, or otherwise. I've tested them and I am satisfied, but I suggest equipping multiple members of a unit or squad with these devices for more practical combat use at major fields.

This was from a local skirm I went to( I'm the guy with the Red Boonie hat :D ), I believe the guys on the other team were using stick type ones that they saved from last year. From being in the middle of the smoke I would have to say they work fairly well.

FoxtrotTenLambda wrote:Disclaimer: as a victim of smoke-ball caused severe burns, I do not condone using them as a weapon or prank against other persons. Be extremely careful at all times with the use of smoke-creating-devices. They are pyrotechnic and can cause severe damage if you are not careful.
+1, Watched my friend pick one of these off the ground, melted through his glove in less than 3 seconds.
Top mattress, Left cargo pocket. Ready... Move!
Shadowsta13
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SCST

Postby Captain Fox » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 am

Shadowsta13 wrote:
FoxtrotTenLambda wrote:This was from a local skirm I went to( I'm the guy with the Red Boonie hat :D ), I believe the guys on the other team were using stick type ones that they saved from last year. From being in the middle of the smoke I would have to say they work fairly well.

FoxtrotTenLambda wrote:Disclaimer: as a victim of smoke-ball caused severe burns, I do not condone using them as a weapon or prank against other persons. Be extremely careful at all times with the use of smoke-creating-devices. They are pyrotechnic and can cause severe damage if you are not careful.
+1, Watched my friend pick one of these off the ground, melted through his glove in less than 3 seconds.

Oh sweet, I'll invest in more of them. (I tend o use the sticks or signals more often becuse people listen in on radio chatter, being a sniper I don't like people cheating to find my location.)
"Pablo" Jungle Express 2011
O.R.B "Fox"
"Shiny, lets be bad guys."
Captain Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Team: O.R.B.

Postby Orwell » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Shadowsta13 wrote:(video)
This was from a local skirm I went to( I'm the guy with the Red Boonie hat :D ), I believe the guys on the other team were using stick type ones that they saved from last year. From being in the middle of the smoke I would have to say they work fairly well.

Alright. I'll admit I don't know much about smoke grenades, but those seemed to dissipate awfully fast. Is that just because it was a windy day, or would a better smoke grenade provided higher function?
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby NFS_Shadow » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 pm

go to sportsmoke.com and watch the youtube videos on their battlefield grenades. expensive but worth it.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby NFS_Shadow » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:36 pm

NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shadowsta13 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Orwell wrote:
Shadowsta13 wrote:(video)

Alright. I'll admit I don't know much about smoke grenades, but those seemed to dissipate awfully fast. Is that just because it was a windy day, or would a better smoke grenade provided higher function?
The wind played a large role in how effective the smoke as well as the camera seeing through the smoke better than our eyes. They were cost effective when we used them, but if you can get better ones go for those.
Top mattress, Left cargo pocket. Ready... Move!
Shadowsta13
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SCST

Postby spazgar » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:18 pm

So if I can get the mid cap mags for Tradeswinds, I'm going to be getting some of the battlefield smoke grenades. That video was awesome. That was almost as fast and strong as a Military smoke grenade.
spazgar
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Junto » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 am

Yeah, I must have had the tactical smokes from Desert Rat too, Randal. They were alright, but the battlefield smoke looks awesome.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby NFS_Shadow » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:48 am

yea those things are amazing. i wish i had the money to place a large order. (if i order a large amount i get like 25 percent off because they've sponsored us.

NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Spitfire » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Edit - I'm quite sorry for the post. I should have read all the rules, I promise this will not happen again. Thanks for the warning Admin, I read the rules and will try to be a better poster.
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment