Chem lights and Plate carriers

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Chem lights and Plate carriers

Postby JoKeR1147 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I recently went to a shooting range in Kenmore with a buddy of mine who is in the state patrol. He told me that keeping chem lights in my plate carrier stretches the molle webbing and can damage the plate carrier over time. I keep my chem lights in the molle webbing of my plate carrier all the time, I basically never take them out, is it true that this can damage the vest? I feel like he is full of crap because I've seen seals and other SF keeping chem lights directly on their vest, but I was wondering if anyone could help clear this up.
JoKeR1147
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Chem lights and Plate carriers

Postby spazgar » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Well I guess it could stretch out the molle. Just pull them out after your done with your game. I've never really kept chem lights in to long due to using them on missions. Some gear from different companies will wear better/worse than others. I can only say from the military issue gear side.
spazgar
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Orwell » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 am

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:I wouldn't say he's full of it, I'd just say that he's over thinking it.

+1
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:50 am

I'm glad 19 year olds agree with Welshy.
McNair

Postby Orwell » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 am

You can laugh at me for being 19, but I put chem lights in molle on my Boyscout pack for years. No damage.

Surprise! Not every kid has 0 experience. ;)
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby McNair » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 am

No one laughed at you and your boyscout bag.

We shook heads.

Next time you might want to include your boyscout experience rather than just "+1" someone else's comment to have your opinion actually considered to applicable.
McNair

Postby Orwell » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:53 am

McNair wrote:No one laughed at you and your boyscout bag.

We shook heads.

Next time you might want to include your boyscout experience rather than just "+1" someone else's comment to have your opinion actually considered to applicable.

I think we misunderstood each other a little bit. :) I'll keep what you said in mind.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jerm_G » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:06 am

Welsh I correct though, He is just turning mole hills into mountians. There is some volidity to this idividual comments but really? Lets look at it like this. Your using unneeded space to store chem lights... Unused space becasue you all ready have a rediculous amount of crap strapped everywhere else, and lets be honnest, probibly more stuff than you really need. So... who really cares if you streach out a small section of webbing.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Return to Tactical Equipment