New rig but with a problem

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: New rig but with a problem

Postby STRIK3 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm

If you're running a chest rig, I might recommend getting a bladder you can dump at spawn and strap a couple cheap surplus USGI canteens to your belt. For me, at least, I prefer to minimize weight with chest rig kits and distribute weight as low as possible. Mags on my chest, water and snivel gear on my waist. You'll have enough water to hold you over on the field and a plentiful reserve back at respawn, you'll be dead often enough at your typical game where hauling 2 liters of weight on your shoulders isn't really necessary.

*Note that this is based on my own personal experience and the amount of water I need to consume in a hard day's play. Your results may vary.
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Hamster » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Tankwitch wrote:It looks like you have two seperate straps both with clips on them. You then tuck them under your rig and connect them. Is this correct?

Yeah, basically. All the straps and stuff go under the rig the way i do it.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Kilo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:59 pm

Android wrote:Give me back those SERPA belt loops, scrub.
Also, that's my JPC & First Spear Pads. Keep your grubby hands off them.

Kevin has them. WHy does Hammy have your JPC?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/I04dUZO.jpg[/img]
Hamster: Beat your friend with AK. That teach him to take your ideas.
Kilo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tankwitch » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:03 pm

STRIK3 wrote:If you're running a chest rig, I might recommend getting a bladder you can dump at spawn and strap a couple cheap surplus USGI canteens to your belt. For me, at least, I prefer to minimize weight with chest rig kits and distribute weight as low as possible. Mags on my chest, water and snivel gear on my waist. You'll have enough water to hold you over on the field and a plentiful reserve back at respawn, you'll be dead often enough at your typical game where hauling 2 liters of weight on your shoulders isn't really necessary.

*Note that this is based on my own personal experience and the amount of water I need to consume in a hard day's play. Your results may vary.

I'd prefer to have some canteens on my belt. But I can't seem to find canteen pouches that are meant to be on a belt. I could only find Molle canteen pouches which are no good for belts.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:56 pm

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby NFS_Shadow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 pm

To atest to the effectiveness of a water bladder (camelback) as before stated it does provide a nice cooling effect with the fact that you have almost 2 liters of water with you everywhere. I was recently on a long roadtrip and since there was nowhere else to put my plate-carrier i wore it the entire way. Seeing as it was about 90 some degrees i was very appreciative of having a large pack of cold water on my back. I've also put my condor (same as hamsters it looks like) through some pretty rough stuff and it's never leaked or been anything but fantastic in every situation. Just get whatevwer camelback type pack as said and wear it over your chest rig as said. Who knows you might find one you like that also provides you with a place to store your bbs and such.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Every bladder I've owned has leaked. I just wrap them in a trash bag now. I think this would also keep it from leaking it the bladder burst.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Junto » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Never had a bladder burst or leak on me in the field. Usually, I find leaks after they've been stored/taken out of the pouch for a while, and those were all the cheapy Condor bladders.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Orwell » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Tankwitch wrote:I'd prefer to have some canteens on my belt. But I can't seem to find canteen pouches that are meant to be on a belt. I could only find Molle canteen pouches which are no good for belts.

Have you been to any surplus stores ever? Or Andy and Bax, which sorta counts. Also, search for ALICE Canteen Pouches. Google will help.
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby NFS_Shadow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Orwell wrote:
Tankwitch wrote:I'd prefer to have some canteens on my belt. But I can't seem to find canteen pouches that are meant to be on a belt. I could only find Molle canteen pouches which are no good for belts.

Have you been to any surplus stores ever? Or Andy and Bax, which sorta counts. Also, search for ALICE Canteen Pouches. Google will help.

'
If you need canteens go to sgt. Gators in boring oregon. He has around two huge crates of old canteens all of them ALICE compatible.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:10 am

Gators has them for $3. They had some 2QT ones as well if you want just one.

Personally, I wouldn't use a canteen on a belt unless its attached to a ALICE or MOLLE belt. It will not be very comfortable on a riggers belt.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Tankwitch » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 am

I think Jewish Ninja is right on this. I have a modern tac-belt. Alice gear looks like it'll just rip me up.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby STRIK3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Double AK mag pouches will hold 12 oz. disposable water bottles quite nicely as well and can multitask. I wear a duty belt with MOLLE pouches attached, I've had no comfort issues, but as I've said, your results may vary.
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment