SOP on back pouch placement?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

SOP on back pouch placement?

Postby Lukens » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:46 pm

So, if you pay any attention at all to gear and loadouts, then you know you see people with pouches on their back all the time.

My question is this: Im assuming, since they're on your back, its assumed that your teammate will extract all the gear you need, when you need it. But what kind of gear goes on your back? I have some first aid equipment and a tool set that is more convenient to have up front, but Id prefer to have mags where their pouches would be. So, is it normal to have that gear on your back, and have your teammate access it? What kind of gear goes in backpack and not on your chest? I know it seems like a stupid question, and Im sorry if is, Im just trying to get my vest geared out in the appropriate way.

Also, kind of like a previous poster about how many weapons to carry, can you carry too much gear with you? how much is too much? I do love my pouches lol.
Remember folks, It's all Bullshit.
Lukens
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: SOP on back pouch placement?

Postby JamesW » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:52 pm

I carry tape-electrical/duck tape, tools, water bottles/bladder, propane/green gas, zip ties, and any other useful thing I think I need. As for guns, I carry my M4 and have my MAC 11 on a sling to my side.
[img]http://www.knightairsoft.com/​kalabordaysig.png[/img]
Riddick wrote:I don't like the price of Rick's ammo
JamesW
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Re: SOP on back pouch placement?

Postby Darius137 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Pouches on your back are usually for CQB stuff. For 90% of Airsoft, wear it like infantry would. Make what you have even so it doesn't tire you out, and I'd say a backpack you can remove for anything beside water.

A lot of people have radios on their back, but that is annoying if you have any issues with radios or batteries or champ
G freqs.

Horizontal mag pouches on the lower back for frags and flag bangs, or additional mags, when doing CQB and looking for a thin profile for clearing corners.

The MAP is dumb.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Return to Tactical Equipment