AOR worth it's weight in gold? Good in Oregon?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

AOR worth it's weight in gold? Good in Oregon?

Postby bye » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 pm

I am strongly considering AOR2 for my next loadout. Can anyone give me their opinion on the camo? Is it more or less effective than MultiCam in wooded environments? I am set on combat uniforms only, none of the jacket/pants w/out pads stuff. I am willing to buy ACM if necessary as well. So price isn't as much an issue as it could be.

I will not wear MARPAT. I would feel odd wearing a camo made only for Marines, especially if it had the EGA symbol in it.
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: AOR worth it's weight in gold? Good in Oregon?

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Straight forward answer YES.

Multicam blends into oregon really well, on top of that multicam blends into a more deserty enviroment quite good as well. Aor2 is more specificaly designed for more lusher enviroments, if you play up near bend (high desert) multicam is the best bet. If you live or play at something like sniperzden aor2 is the best option. Aor2 is super similar to marpat and woodland, both are great camos. (I agree marpat isn't the best looking or legit.)

Toysoldier.hk.com

They have replica combat shirts as well as rigs and pouches in real aor2 fabric.

It is a replica gearmaker however it's better than pantac, flye, emerson, condor, and jag precision, just to name a few.

$360 for the camo, more for the gear. I would purchase it.
Last edited by Viper [TFW-W07] on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: TFW, TaskForceWeasel, Weasel Squad

Postby Android » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm

I think it should be noted there's a civilian version of MARPAT, usually designated "Digital Woodland." No EGA and is pretty effective in the Willamette Valley area.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby Nark » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Android wrote:I think it should be noted there's a civilian version of MARPAT, usually designated "Digital Woodland." No EGA and is pretty effective in the Willamette Valley area.

Indeed there is but you see how many people wear civie MARPAT. AOR2 is way to stand apart. I would also consider looking into CADPAT. From someone who has seen it in person it looks pretty badass but it was also being worn by a 6'2 Navy guy. I plan on buying it eventually but first getting Platacam and DPCU. :D Hope to see someone wearing AOR2 soon.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby icebullet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:I'd personally spend the money on a Toy Soldier uniform. You won't regret it.

There's also US Tactical Sewing for AOR2 kit.

US Tactical Sewing is on par with LBT/Eagle stuff.

He also uses real Crye Precision AOR2/Digi2 fabric aswell.

But so does Toy Soldier, so pick your poison.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby bye » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 pm

What is wrong with Emerson? I have their pants in MultiCam and love them. Biggest issue I notice is the kneepads come out way too easily.
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Android » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Color reproduction with Emerson is spotty. My Emerson G3 MultiCam Crye's are pretty green.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby bye » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Hm, tough decision. I don't think I can justify the $200+ difference between Emerson and ToySoldier though. My MultiCam matches my Combat Shirt pretty well(it is real Massif). I only see a difference under extremely close inspection.
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Viper [TFW-W07] » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Color is off, construction is shoddy. Stuff like Toy Soldier and Crye are worth the money, because you only really need to make the purchase once and they're good for ages.

You guys also understand that the quality, color, and stitching in Crye is amazing because in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN there using it right now, not emerson, Welshy's right you only have to make the 1 purchase, it wont rip or tear or fade. As far as toy soldier aor2 goes that is on par with real steel however for the price you can buy the crye uniforms with knee pads and elbow pads, both are legit.
Viper [TFW-W07]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: TFW, TaskForceWeasel, Weasel Squad

Postby Nark » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:Color is off, construction is shoddy. Stuff like Toy Soldier and Crye are worth the money, because you only really need to make the purchase once and they're good for ages.

How is the quality control for the Dragonred.com AOR1s? I have a set of those.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby bye » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 pm

... I'll rephrase, I can and will not spend over $150 on clothes I'll wear once a week at most. My Emerson pants have 0 fraying anywhere, and I treat my gear like shit. The vest I have, also by Emerson, is lasting me great. The only fraying being where I ignorantly tried threading my hydro carrier tube, causing way too much stress on the weaker stitching(that was never designed to hold the hydro carrier).

My question has been answered, AOR2 is worth the money. Maybe if I was using the uniform more than once, soon to be less due to college, a week, I'd purchase real steel. But given my current financials and the frequency of use, I see no necessity in spending well over $500 on real steel/"real steel spec" when ACM quality is so good nowadays.
Bye.
bye
Soldier
Soldier

Postby pulsipher » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:44 am

I have a AOR2 MAP from TMC. its off but if you washed it once or twice on warm it would be right on

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby SA12 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:37 am

The brand that JKarmy sells did a color comparison with real AOR2 and it looks the same to me. Saw it on FB, I'd post a pig but I'm at work right now.
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 am

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

NWU III top on the left, JK Army version on the rights.

Comparing them in person, they are spot on in terms of coloring and pattern. The pattern looks more like MARPAT when it's wet/soaked with sweat.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:32 am

I don't know about that, I'm hard on uniforms. Doesn't matter how tough it is, I will ruin it. I'd rather spend less and consider the uniform to be expendable.
Matt

Team: APST

Next

Return to Tactical Equipment