Ideal Plate Carrier

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: Ideal Plate Carrier

Postby JoKeR1147 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:26 pm

So wait... Is icebucket just trolling or is there any legitimacy to what is he says? Are MC LBT 6094a more current then Coyote Tan ones?
JoKeR1147
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Darius137 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Does it matter which unit uses what from month to month? You don't have the DoD budget to switch as often as the Special Operations soldiers do.

If you want something that works for right now, you can't go wrong with Multicam. A lot of units still use Khaki too, for some insane reason.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Catch22 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:53 pm

JoKeR1147 wrote:So wait... Is icebucket just trolling or is there any legitimacy to what is he says? Are MC LBT 6094a more current then Coyote Tan ones?

He's not trolling, he just never knows what he's talking about. They are both current.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby JoKeR1147 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Darius137 wrote:Does it matter which unit uses what from month to month? You don't have the DoD budget to switch as often as the Special Operations soldiers do.

If you want something that works for right now, you can't go wrong with Multicam. A lot of units still use Khaki too, for some insane reason.

It doesn't matter to me personally, but if Im going to start sinking hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars into a kit I'd prefer if I was able to make the most up to date impression possible and not waste money building something that's already out-dated. Still, I wholeheartedly agree with you, some people pay waaaaaay too much attention to what the flavor of the month is.
JoKeR1147
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 pm

JoKeR1147 wrote:
Darius137 wrote:Does it matter which unit uses what from month to month? You don't have the DoD budget to switch as often as the Special Operations soldiers do.

It doesn't matter to me personally, but if Im going to start sinking hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars into a kit I'd prefer if I was able to make the most up to date impression possible and not waste money building something that's already out-dated. Still, I wholeheartedly agree with you, some people pay waaaaaay too much attention to what the flavor of the month is.

By the time your kit is "current", it'll be outdated.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby JoKeR1147 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Jester316 wrote:
JoKeR1147 wrote:

By the time your kit is "current", it'll be outdated.

Aint that the sad truth...
JoKeR1147
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Snowman » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm

JoKeR1147 wrote:

"most up to date impression"

"flavor of the month"

You'll have problems with that, since the most up to date impression changes on a month to month basis.
top lel
Snowman

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment