Ideal Plate Carrier

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: Ideal Plate Carrier

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Aussie SOTG use the FAPC and there's been a picture of a FAST Marine (or maybe MARSOC, some Marine) wearing one. The Banshee isn't milsim yet, but I'm sure a picture of it in use will pop up somewhere. It is however legit for LE-sim if you feel like making an LAPD kit ;)

I've owned both the FAPC and Banshee and I preferred the Banshee. It sat in a more comfortable position for me, and the internal MOLLE was awesome. The Banshee is not as overbuilt as the FAPC, so it weighs a bit less as well. The only reason I ditched it was I was building a SEAL kit and it's not kosher for that.

If I had to buy another plate carrier for whatever reason. I'd get another Eagle Plate Carrier (I'm on my 3rd one. I keep buying and selling the damn things...). They're built stupid tough and work for any US military impression along with loads of other foreign impressions (SOTG, IDF, SAS and I think I've seen Italian commandos using them as well). The only real downside with them, is finding a place that has them in stock.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jester316 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm

I have Jew's old FAPC. I like it, but would highly recommend the cummerbund for it. Airsoft gear doesn't have the same weight balancing characteristics as real plates, mags, whatnot. So, even running 6 mags on the front, a heavy pack in the back will cause it to ride up into your throat. I spent all day at Wendyland adjusting my FAPC out of my throat.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby frogfish » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:25 am

While there might not be pictures, most of what TAG makes is kosher for West Coast SEAL kit, atleast.
frogfish
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Jester316 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Welshy McSheeplove wrote:
Jester316 wrote:I have Jew's old FAPC. I like it, but would highly recommend the cummerbund for it. Airsoft gear doesn't have the same weight balancing characteristics as real plates, mags, whatnot. So, even running 6 mags on the front, a heavy pack in the back will cause it to ride up into your throat. I spent all day at Wendyland adjusting my FAPC out of my throat.

You need to get yourself a nice 6094, Jester.

You want to send me one? For free? Cuz that's about how much I can spend on airsoft gear for the next year...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby icebullet » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:The only real downside with them, is finding a place that has them in stock.

I remember hearing that Eagle was stopping civilian sales of plate carriers, so they could focus on supplying the cool guys with gear.

But I can't confirm that, so it might have been a rumor.

Of course you could always call Eagle Industries and have one shipped to you for MSRP.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JoKeR1147 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:53 pm

My final question: Is it worth picking up an LBT 6094A in Coyote? I know that DEVGRU only uses the AOR1 pattern ones, and those are close to a grand in price so forget it. Do the other seal teams or any other Socom unit use the vest in coyote?
JoKeR1147
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Snowman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 am

NSW uses them in Coyote Tan (not Coyote Brown), Multicam, MASS gray, AOR1, and AOR2. The best pic reference I can give for a CT one is the one SEAL climbing into the MRAP turret.

EDIT:

Last edited by Snowman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
top lel
Snowman

Postby STRIK3 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 am

I have one of the Emerson JPC replicas and I love the shit out of it. I did a write-up on it a while back, too.
ISAF-C, The 144, Rushing Russians OR/Willamette Valley KВДВ

http://www.facebook.com/ExecutiveRiskControlServices
STRIK3
Ranger
Ranger

Team: RR KBAB

Postby frogfish » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:52 pm

JoKeR1147 wrote:My final question: Is it worth picking up an LBT 6094A in Coyote? I know that DEVGRU only uses the AOR1 pattern ones, and those are close to a grand in price so forget it. Do the other seal teams or any other Socom unit use the vest in coyote?

There are pictures of Dev guys with all different colors of 6094s, there are also pictures of them in CPCs and JPCs.
frogfish
Grunt
Grunt

Postby icebullet » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:40 pm

JoKeR1147 wrote:My final question: Is it worth picking up an LBT 6094A in Coyote? I know that DEVGRU only uses the AOR1 pattern ones, and those are close to a grand in price so forget it. Do the other seal teams or any other Socom unit use the vest in coyote?

Don't bother with Coyote. Get Multicam if you want to do a relatively new kit, say around 2010.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Snowman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:09 pm

icebullet, shut up. This pic was taken in either 2010 or 2011. And oh, look, it's a Coyote Tan 6094. Which makes it just as legit for a NSW rig as a Multicam 6094.

Snowman wrote:NSW uses them in Coyote Tan (not Coyote Brown), Multicam, and MASS gray. The best pic reference I can give for a CT one is the one SEAL climbing into the MRAP turret.

EDIT:

top lel
Snowman

Postby icebullet » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Snowman wrote:............

icebullet, shut up. This pic was taken in either 2010 or 2011. And oh, look, it's a Coyote Tan 6094. Which makes it just as legit for a NSW rig as a Multicam 6094.

Snowman wrote:NSW uses them in Coyote Tan (not Coyote Brown), Multicam, and MASS gray. The best pic reference I can give for a CT one is the one SEAL climbing into the MRAP turret.

EDIT:

[img]NSW%20Guy[/img]

Anything is possible with NSW. It's one pic of one operator.(Unless you have more) It's really personal preference as to what they wear and what the mission calls for. I suppose if he wants Coyote, then so be it. But I'm just recommending Multicam because I've seen plenty of pics with NSW guys wearing them. That's also a MOUT facility, where they use older or less current kit for training, and it's more standardized. Note that he is clean shaven and a Blank Firing Adapter is fitted to his weapon as well.

icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Catch22 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Icebullet = misinformation
Catch22

Postby icebullet » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Catch22 wrote:Icebullet = misinformation

Information is the game, misinformation is the game.

icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Lukens » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 pm

icebullet wrote:
Catch22 wrote:Icebullet = misinformation

Information is the game, misinformation is the game.

Just...Stop.
Remember folks, It's all Bullshit.
Lukens
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical Equipment