Top 8in boots

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Top 8in boots

Postby Lukens » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Im looking for some good 8in boots. I know its been a while since I looked last, and that some new lines of boots have come online.

What would one suggest for a good 8in boot under $120? Personal experiences? I also have smaller, thin feet, so boots that are thinner, the better.
Remember folks, It's all Bullshit.
Lukens
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Top 8in boots

Postby Diegunner » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 pm

I would go to the Danner factory store I went there and I love my boots. For your price range I would look in the seconds section they will still probably be a little over $120 but they are extremely nice boots that will last years. All of the problems in the second section are very minor and they are normaly 1/2 the price of a normal pair mine were leaking slightly and I was able to fix it with $3 worth of leather sealer I have fielded them twice and had no problems.
Diegunner
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 am

My Danner Melee 8" boots are kind of awesome.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby ZsTheMan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 am

Danner is amazing, no doubt about it, I love mine. Belleville on the other hand, is a great choice if you are on a somewhat tighter budget.
Honor. Courage. Commitment.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem." -Chesty

Sierra Whiskey out.
ZsTheMan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:00 am

Best I can do in school picture-wise:)

These are my Boots: 8-inch Danner Strikers, size 9.
I bought these to replace my $19 Response Gear boots--Greatest footwear choice since the Vibram Five-Fingers.
I was told at Wholesale Sports they were Danner's "old model" so I got them for $80. Incredible deal. I wear them every day--it took about 2 weeks to break them in perfectly, and my only complaint is that one of the laces broke (not a big deal, just get more laces; you've been warned). I use them both indoors (school/everyday wear) and usually 2-3 times a week out in the forest. They have great traction indoor, and have a non-marking sole. I've used them 3 times at OAA in the past month, my only complaint is that the leather softens up and attracts grey dust :)
I oilded them up and cleaned them a few days ago so they look pretty gucci. Gore-Tex is breathable and very useful in the PacNW.

You should buy a pair :)
Hope this was somewhat useful.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Darius137 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 pm

Are you looking for more ankle support or more lightweight mobility?

Goretex, drainage holes, waterproof or quick drying?

Do you want real or synthetic materials, or does that matter?

Do you like soft, pliable soles or harder vibram styled soles that last longer but don't allow you to feel the ground as well?

Black or tan? Do you want a 3rd option?

Steel toe or no? How important is the shank and materials of the shank to you?

What will you be using the boots for, and how durable do you want them to be?
Darius137

Postby Lukens » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Are you looking for more ankle support or more lightweight mobility?
Looking for a good amount of ankle support.

I definitely want waterproof. Nothing worse than wet squishy feet.

I dont give a rats a$$ as long as it works.

Do you like soft, pliable soles or harder vibram styled soles that last longer but don't allow you to feel the ground as well?
I like to feel the ground more, I feel like I have more traction that way. At the same, I dont mind a vibram sole either.

Prefer tan, could be green though.

Really wouldnt want a steel toe. Thats how you get your toes pinched off. Im no expert on boots, so I have no clue regarding shanks.

Every day use and airsoft and camping. So pretty durable. At the same time, I dont mind having to buy another pair after 6 months to a year, as long as I get my moneys worth.
Remember folks, It's all Bullshit.
Lukens
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Lukens wrote:Are you looking for more ankle support or more lightweight mobility?
Looking for a good amount of ankle support.

I definitely want waterproof. Nothing worse than wet squishy feet.

I dont give a rats a$$ as long as it works.

I like to feel the ground more, I feel like I have more traction that way. At the same, I dont mind a vibram sole either.

Prefer tan, could be green though.

Really wouldnt want a steel toe. Thats how you get your toes pinched off. Im no expert on boots, so I have no clue regarding shanks.

Every day use and airsoft and camping. So pretty durable. At the same time, I dont mind having to buy another pair after 6 months to a year, as long as I get my moneys worth.

So I'd say go to the Danner Store and get a factory seconds set. They have good ankle support, use Vibram soles, and have waterproof options. See what fits you best and walk around in the store for a few laps.

I personally would get a set of the Danner Melee's, and then apply a waterproof coating. But I don't like big boots and these are already my winter boots for how thick/warm they are. I prefer jungle boots.
Darius137

Postby Payback » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:56 pm

I bought a pair of the Under Armor Speed freaks in Multicam. They are mostly tan since the camo is surrounded by leather and after a few uses they camo is muddy now.

They are one of the lightest weight boots i've worn, fit great, tons of traction, lots of support for the ankles. I would suggest trying on a pair of those myself. No break in period either.

Only down side is that they smell funky when you get them. Like new plastic, leather odor, but it goes away fast. Also they are waterproof.

Payback wrote:New christmas boots arrived late. Under Armour Speed freek in multicam. Very lightweight, waterproof, and fit great. Can't wait to get them into the field.

AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Return to Tactical Equipment