PMC Loadout. *Update*

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

PMC Loadout. *Update*

Postby Outgunned53 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 pm

Hey guys,
I wanted some suggestions for a Private Military loadout. I am currently running with a 1911 and a M4. I would prefer something tan/black. Thanks, any and all advice is appreciated!

~Outgunned53

*Update* I've decided to go with black 5.11 Tactilite Pro Pants, Black T shirt, or Condor Special Forces Softshell Jacket, HVI OD Knee pads, Blackhawk OD Shemegh, Rapdom Tactical Hat, Rapdom Tactical OD Gloves, and a Condor Chest rig. It is basically Black, Tan, and OD. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Outgunned53 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outgunned53
Recruit
Recruit

Team: Blue Mtn.

Re: PMC Loadout.

Postby Nark » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Variable » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 am

Business casual that suits the environment and client + appropriate armor and weapons. Each company is different, but in high risk zones its pretty much whatever they want. Look up "Blackwater in Najaf" on youtube for instance.

Despite what you might see in the movies, the role of Private Military Contractors are not that of frontline fighters. They're more like well armed security guards in high risk areas. The caveat of course is companies that are now defunct like Executive Outcomes that did deploy a real "army" in an anti insurgent role.

Suggested reading: Licensed to Kill - Robert Pelton Young.

TLDR: Tan cargo pants, polo shirt or t-shirt, soft armor, light chestrig, whatever weapons you want.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Nark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am

In some cases they are high paid errand boys. The Blackwater contractors who got ambushed in Fallujah and hung out across the bridge were reported to be conducting deliveries for food caterers.

Big Boy Rules by Steve Fainaru is also a good book.

This....
... is not a PMC loadout.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Shiloh » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Its important to remember exactly what these guys do on a semi-daily basis: Getting in/out of vehicles, moving quickly from point A to B while protecting a high-value person/delivery, standing for long periods of time, and occasionally flying under the radar to speak, IE doing everything they can to not draw attention to themselves. To me that means an awesome set of boots, a chest rig that holds the bare essentials, soft armor (if you really want to go the extra realism mile), kneepads, hat or head covering, sunglasses if they're a priority in your AO, and other mission-essential gear. Think light, as most of the time a real contractor wouldn't be out more than a day or so from base. Enough to get out, get the mission done, and get home.
"Why do you need a GUN?!"
"To poke holes in things too far away to get with the stick."

Buy my crap: buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=2540
Shiloh
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Jerm_G » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm

5:11, EoTac, arc'teryx clothing and so on rule the day. Conter to what many beleave lightweight long sleave shirts are the norm, not the exception. This is due to sunburn, flash burns, protection for exposed skin on hot surfaces (cars, pavement and such) and so on. In camp, the polos come out. Plate carriers are the norm but not the high speed low drag you would expect. Boots are generally off the shelf natural terrain colored hicking boots. Chest rigs are also common. Most guys I know still in the industry (and I know quite a few) keep their gear low profile and use a tier loadout system. This enables them to raise or lower their loadout based on what the mission, location, and threat level as the missions change. Bug out bags are standard. Most prefer the single strap system. Though missions tend to be to and from based, everyone I know understands that missions can be delayed, return trips compramised and unexpected layovers happen. Think one step above looking like an organized bag of a$$ and a step below uniformity. Guns are almost always of the compact short barreled type. Ak folders, MP5s, and ARs are all standard. In some cases only shotguns are legally allowed in countries. If the AO allows, SAWS and RPDs tend to make them available as well. Sidearms are standard and expected. Mostly of the glock 17 type.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Return to Tactical Equipment