USMC Lightweight Helmet replica?

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

USMC Lightweight Helmet replica?

Postby Ramer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:24 pm

I have seen PASGT replicas before, which replicate the size and shape of the helmet and can be worn as such, but are obviously not actual combat helmets. However, I'm having an impossible time figuring out if there is such a thing as a replica of the Lightweight helmet. I have a couple of friends getting into the sport that would prefer that over a utility cover or a boonie.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing exists, and if so, where to purchase it? I've seen people selling the actual helmets, but it's usually a couple hundred dollars, and we don't need an actual combat helmet for airsoft (at least I'd hope not).

Thanks in advance for any replies.
No, sir, you don't understand; the correct answer is always Batman.
Ramer
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: USMC Lightweight Helmet replica?

Postby renotheturk02 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:45 pm

PASGT helmet's are ballistic helmets. Here is a link to a replica. http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13335&cateId=210. Honestly you might as well either just get a real one or get a PASGT and throw on a LWH chin replacement strap. You can get LWH's for around 90-100 on ebay. Unless your going for a specific USMC look, take a look into MICH's.
renotheturk02
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Android » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm

A MICH is pretty much equivalent to a LWH.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby Ramer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm

renotheturk02 wrote:PASGT helmet's are ballistic helmets. Here is a link to a replica. http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=13335&cateId=210. Honestly you might as well either just get a real one or get a PASGT and throw on a LWH chin replacement strap. You can get LWH's for around 90-100 on ebay. Unless your going for a specific USMC look, take a look into MICH's.

That's the thing is the USMC look. However, I do appreciate your response. If anybody wants it bad enough, they'll be willing to buy the actual helmet. I'll probably just stick with the utility cover myself.
Ramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ramer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Alright, I just now realized that you linked a LWH replica, not a PASGT replica. The way you put your post together confused me at first haha.

So, anyway, thanks!
Ramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Catch22 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Go with MEU,or Recon loadout. Then you can just use a MICH. ;)

On a side note. I've read the Marines are looking to replace the LWH with the ECH (Enhanced Combat Helmet)
The Enhanced Combat Helmet (ECH) is a program to replace the combat helmets of the U.S. Army, Navy, and Marines using thermoplastics instead of the ballistic fibers used on the current generation combat helmets. The ECH’s profile is very similar to the Advanced Combat Helmet but is thicker. The helmet’s shell is made of an ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene material and has been shown nearly impenetrable to fragments fired by test guns – in fact, it has vastly exceeded the 35% ballistic improvement requirement. The helmet is of the “tactical cut” type and thus offers less coverage but does enable better mobility. The helmet’s design also allows for the addition of devices such as communications and night-vision equipment.

http://www.strikehold.net/2012/03/15/us-army-usmc-enhanced-combat-helmet-authorized-for-production/
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Ramer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Catch22 wrote:Go with MEU,or Recon loadout. Then you can just use a MICH. ;)

On a side note. I've read the Marines are looking to replace the LWH with the ECH (Enhanced Combat Helmet)
The Enhanced Combat Helmet (ECH) is a program to replace the combat helmets of the U.S. Army, Navy, and Marines using thermoplastics instead of the ballistic fibers used on the current generation combat helmets. The ECH’s profile is very similar to the Advanced Combat Helmet but is thicker. The helmet’s shell is made of an ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene material and has been shown nearly impenetrable to fragments fired by test guns – in fact, it has vastly exceeded the 35% ballistic improvement requirement. The helmet is of the “tactical cut” type and thus offers less coverage but does enable better mobility. The helmet’s design also allows for the addition of devices such as communications and night-vision equipment.

http://www.strikehold.net/2012/03/15/us-army-usmc-enhanced-combat-helmet-authorized-for-production/

I didn't know about that. I'm glad you showed me.
Ramer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kenny079 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 pm

pasgt replica: http://www.airsoft2u.com/tactics-helmet ... -1_25.html
LWH helemt replica: http://www.airsoft2u.com/tactics-helmet ... -1_20.html

Still searching other sites though. I will post any links I find that may be helpful.
Kenny079
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Jowns » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:06 am

Jowns
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Tactical Equipment