No Fog Goggles...

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

No Fog Goggles...

Postby book42 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:35 am

I repeat, NO FRICKIN' FOG GOGGLES! (Seriously.)

So, I played Saturday at Lords of War on the Mehdi side. Great day. Great game. Thanks again to everyone who came out, played well, and played fair. I sweat profusely while playing airsoft... always have, always will. And any sort of goggle I put on my face fogs. I've tried Revision, Boogie regulators, Chinese knock-offs, and others, and they all fogged. (Hell! The Boogies started fogging as I was sitting down waiting to start a game at Camp R&R.) I figured I was relegated to mesh for the rest o' me natural born life, and my hopes for the Edge Dragon Fire goggles were dismal. However, they proved me wrong. I wore the goggles all day, never having to transfer back to mesh. There was some condensation at times, but a quick wipe with my dead rag, and they were good to go.

Super cheap, ANSI rated, and NO FOG. Check 'em out: http://weaponblender.com/Combat-Gear/Ey ... p5746.html

Best regards,

Kevin- aka: Book
If'n you ain't diein'... you ain't tryin'.
book42
Soldier
Soldier

Team: MSG Recon

Re: No Fog Goggles...

Postby McNair » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am

I used to have a bunch of cheapy all clear plastic safety glasses. We got them at work when we had to walk through the factory part, so I had like 30 pairs. They worked the best. Never fogged on me.
Over the years I handed them out and now I have none. Hah.

But awesome to find some cheap ones.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby The Grand Baboon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Awesome to see that Edge catching on, I made a post about them a few weeks ago. Their new Vapor Shield is the bomb. I wear a pair of Fast Links with the Vapor Shield. They're wonderful. Edge is five minutes down the road from me here in Utah, so Weapon Blender gets them direct from HQ.

Here's something they told me when I was in their walk-in store. Do not clean those goggles with anything but a soft cloth and water. Any sort of normal cleaning chemical can damage the Vapor Shield coating.
"Oohrah, Gunny. Oohrah, Momma Dog."
The Grand Baboon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby book42 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks for the information, Great Baboon. I was wondering what the best method for cleaning might be.

Best regards,

Kevin: aka- Book
If'n you ain't diein'... you ain't tryin'.
book42
Soldier
Soldier

Team: MSG Recon

Postby Alien_Hunter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:37 pm

hand soap and water. Just not hand sanitizer (or alcohol-based soaps for that matter).
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Tactical Equipment