Helmet for Bigger players

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: Helmet for Bigger players

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Ash wrote:Junto it all depends on where you play at. For any mount style game it is really nice to have, I hit my head several time going through spaces at Lion's Claw, it has also saved me from lo hanging tree branches.

One could argue that looking where you're going is just as important as a lid ;)
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Junto » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:
Ash wrote:Junto it all depends on where you play at. For any mount style game it is really nice to have, I hit my head several time going through spaces at Lion's Claw, it has also saved me from lo hanging tree branches.

One could argue that looking where you're going is just as important as a lid ;)
+1 lol!

I was taught to duck an extra 6 inches lower than I think I need to when hiding or moving under something. All my helmet has ever done is push my eye-pro out of place and fall off my head.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Junto wrote:
Jewish Ninja wrote:

+1 lol!

I was taught to duck an extra 6 inches lower than I think I need to when hiding or moving under something. All my helmet has ever done is push my eye-pro out of place and fall off my head.

Either way helmets have more practical purpose then many of the thing airsofters bring with them. Just look at all the random kit most people have just to look cool.

In the end Airsoft is more about dress up then it is about functionality.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Miker1st » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:15 am

Which reminds me, I wear a bumpcap at work, 6 days a week, 8 hours a day. I start to believe my head in invincible, and then all of a sudden it hits me... or rather, I hit it on something. When running through doorways and ducking under obstacles, brain bucket protection is a must, IMHO....
Miker1st
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Nimrod » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:32 am

I posted awhile ago about using bump cap inserts as a light weight alternative to using helmets, but nobody cares. I still think it's a great idea. They're super light weight and can be pretty cheap. They are perfect for deflecting bb's and protecting against minor bumps while still fitting under your hat.
"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"-Mary Pickford
Nimrod
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nodachi » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 am

There's also Pro-tec helmets if you don't want to deal with the weight of a real MICH. (Which isn't even that much.)
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment