Helmet for Bigger players

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Helmet for Bigger players

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Hey guys, just bought the Bravo PJ helmet in Multicam, its a great helmet constructed with quality parts, but I'm a big guy (6'4) with a big head. I have to take ALL of the padding out of the interior of the helmet just for it to fit, and its still somewhat small and uncomfortable. What I'm wondering is if there are any helmets for bigger players like myself, or will I have to suck it up and stick to this helmet. Thanks guys.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Helmet for Bigger players

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Lol wow, you're basically upsidedown. The "Bravo" helmets are rebranded Emersons which are, last time I checked, the biggest helmets available on the market.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Guess you are stuck with a ball cap or a boonie.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:27 pm

So a MICH 2001 wouldn't be better? I would think they would be bigger due to the fact that they are meant to acomidate a headset
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pacman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 pm

I have a fat head and a larger MICH worked fine for me. The only thing was I got tired of the weight/heat and went back to a ballcap. Although a OPS-Core FAST helmet in L/XL fits my 7/58 noggin with Sordins..
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:36 pm

I ended up buying a real opscore L/XL Helmet because none of the airsoft clones fit. If you are coming to summer slaughter I can let you try it on.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Ash wrote:I ended up buying a real opscore L/XL Helmet because none of the airsoft clones fit. If you are coming to summer slaughter I can let you try it on.

Thanks Ash for the offer, but that won't be necessary because I don't have the budget for an ops core if it were to fit, and i managed to move around the pads and take some out and put them in random places and now it fits pretty well, i'll live. Thanks for the offer though.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 pm

A repro 2001 MIGHT fit you, but honestly it wouldn't fit you well.

The problem with replica helmets is that most of them are medium or barely medium/large, so realistically anyone with a large head is basically screwed.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby Junto » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 am

Key to wearing helmets.

1. Pick up helmet.
2. Throw it away.

I don't care how 1337 you look, they're barely useful and completely cumbersome, and that's the real ones. The replicas may be less cumbersome, but they're even less useful.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Matt » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 am

But Junto, where will I hang all of those replica accessories and wiz-bangs that have ZERO usefulness in Airsoft even if they were real? What about the reflective pattern that lets people know I'm on their team, even though they shoot friendlies anyway? What about the rails for my helmet camera that I'll shoot awesome footage of me standing around lobbing shots at people from 200 feet? Where will I put my cheeky morale patches?
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Alien_Hunter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 am

Maybe a PASGT type helmet? I was running around in one and it was sliding all over my head, plus they have an adjustable net or harness inside.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Payback » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 am

I have a 7 3/4 size melon, i had tried on helmets locally that were way too small. But i took a chance and ordered this one last year,

http://www.airsoftpeak.com/fast-ballist ... 10181.html

And it fits me perfectly, i actually have to tighten it down about 1 turn. The chin straps don't fit me at all, the chin part, sits on my cheek at full extension.

I have my replica comtacs with the rail attachments on it, and it's comfy and works well. I bought the helmet because for some reason, i was always getting shot in the top of my head, so now it doesn't hurt so bad.

It's lightweight, but it does get hot in it. In the winter it's perfect. Summer it's a little to warm. But does have some nice head band wrap to act like a head band and wick up the sweat.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Cameron Zombie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 am

You can wear a headset under almost all modern helmets. The best and cheapest option (if Payback's doesn't work out) is to start looking for a size large TC2000. Start stalking surplus stores and you can start finding them for pretty cheap. I run into them a lot for around $60, so if you need one then I can probably find it fairly soon.
Cameron Zombie
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Miker1st » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I run aboot in a PASGT with a Scott lower.18891
Miker1st
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ash » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Junto it all depends on where you play at. For any mount style game it is really nice to have, I hit my head several time going through spaces at Lion's Claw, it has also saved me from lo hanging tree branches.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Next

Return to Tactical Equipment