Danner Tachyons

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Danner Tachyons

Postby EnarahRovaaniik » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello, you may remember me asking for some good boot suggestions recently. The majority of you told me to go for Danners so I did; I got a pair of Danner Tachyons for $128 which seemed like a fairly good deal. So far I'm very happy with them, they're very light and comfortable as well as good for the heat. Thank you everyone who pointed me in the right direction :D
EnarahRovaaniik
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Danner Tachyons

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:33 pm

I'll probably buy Danner Tachyons after I head to Navy bootcamp. I really like light-weight boots. 8)
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby McNair » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Darius has a couple pairs. He likes them. One pair has gone to shit from crawling around on Bradleys but otherwise.. So not suggested for any area with edges.. or something.
McNair

Postby NFS_Shadow » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:21 pm

I just bought two pairs of tachyons tree days ago and they are very nice boots however definitely not the same stand up to anything quality the danner arcalites (civi model of the danner marines) awesome boots but sharp rocks aren't your friends.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Switchback » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 pm

I am the owner of some NEW 6" Danner Melees (it's funny because they're discontinued). I caught the last pair at the factory outlet; they happened to be in my size and I have got to say they are INCREDIBLE.

Like slippers and shoes. But seriously, a perfect combo of my old 8" Strikers and my New Balance Minimus 0 tilt running shoes. Review to follow extensive use.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Darius137 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:06 pm

McNair wrote:Darius has a couple pairs. He likes them. One pair has gone to shit from crawling around on Bradleys but otherwise.. So not suggested for any area with edges.. or something.

I spent a month doing vehicle gunnery on Bradleys. They are covered in sharp edges, and endured quite a bit of heat, lava rocks, and sharp edges.

They got a little banged up, but overall the only thing that seemed to go bad was the toe cap coming a bit loose. Some shoe glue will fix that. Not sure if it's a design flaw as my black pair have seen plenty of Oregon weather and swampy goodness and not done that, but could be the 100+ degree weather and metal and lava rocks.

Still my favorite pair of boots.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Matt » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:34 am

Were all the Melee discontinued? Or just the 6 inch? I got a pair of the 8s, they're awesome. The Tachyons were almost too lightweight for me, but the melee is still extremely light and a little more durable with more ankle support.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Aforbit » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:I'll probably buy Danner Tachyons after I head to Navy bootcamp. I really like light-weight boots. 8)

Not a bad idea the boots they issue you in basic are not bad but I ditched mine as soon as I got to Tech school. The only other advice I can give you is be careful what color you pick! keep in mind if you want to where them in uniform they must be in an authorized color. (IE: ABU must boots must be gray)
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Tactical Equipment