Wearing a 6094 without a cummerbund

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Wearing a 6094 without a cummerbund

Postby Nark » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:04 am

So I saw this item on some gear website and although I can't find the image anymore it was basically a 'T' shape with a buckle on the end which looked like you could slide them into the slots on the inside on the 6094 and use it without the cummerbund. If anyone knows what I'm talking about I would love to find them. On the other hand if anyone has a spectcular method for wearing a 6094 without a cummerbund I would love to hear it. I was thinking about going to A&B to get straps and buckles and jury rig something.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Re: Wearing a 6094 without a cummerbund

Postby Rentax » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:19 pm

There are several items out there that you may be able to use.
First I offer up the Tactical Tailor Map mounting kit. the only down side to this is the female buckles are desinged to mount vertical. so you would need an adptor to use them. However it's the larger 1 1/2 inch buckle so it's a bit more rigid.
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mapmountingkit.aspx

There is also the T-ring adaptors
These are more like what you described. You could then run straps through the rings and use it that way. These would then most likely use the 1 inch webbing and buckles.

You could also use the ITW QASM to mount the buckle directly to your gear.

All that being said... run a Malice clip down the first row on either side of the 6094, or if you have gear there, just miss run the bottom channel so the malice clip can still be used. Then loop a 1 inch peice of webbing around the malice clip. Lock it off with a Kepper. Put a buckle on it and you will be good to go. If you need a picture of this I can work one up later when I'm not at work.
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Nark » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks Rentax, that definitely gives me some options.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:10 am

Are you talking about using a 2586J with your 6094? You can use it without a cummerbund. You run the back strap through the cummerbund pocket.

I took an old Safariland PACA internal cummerbund and modded it to work with my 6094, should I want to use my PC without the cummerbund. I'll take a pic of it when I get home if I remember.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby book42 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:40 am

Hay Nark,

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I run a China knock-off 6094 with this: http://www.skdtac.com/P-I-G-Plate-Carri ... ig.201.htm.

It is extremely comfortable, and with my fake armor plates once I cinch up the elastic cummerbund, my vest barely moves.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Kevin: a.k.a.- Book
If'n you ain't diein'... you ain't tryin'.
book42
Soldier
Soldier

Team: MSG Recon

Postby Rentax » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 pm

wow i wan't even thinking... if youdo the same thing as Tactical Tailor does with their plate carrier it should work as well...
They have stitched a 1.75 inch band on the velcro flap that hold the plates in. with a 6094 you can run the band through the rear pocket for the cummber bund. And with the front strap add some velcro to either side so it can be held in by the front cummberbund flap. Add buckles at your sides and you are good to go. (I forget about the Cummerbund pockets because I don't use a 6094. But if you do it the way I just offered. it can quickly be swaped out just like you would with a cummerbund.
We do what we want
Rentax

Return to Tactical Equipment