AWS OCPC sizing question

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

AWS OCPC sizing question

Postby Goliath17 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm

Hey guys, I'm about 6'4-6'5 and maybe around 260, I'm wondering whether to get an Xlarge or Large OCPC. My previous plate carrier, Conderp MOPC, was kinda small; it fit around me fine but the bottom of the plate carrier was above my belly button and that was when I was wearing it really low. I'm asking because I saw someone on AP (forgive me, I forgot his name) say he was 6'3 260 and large fit him fine. I'm hard to fit clothing wise because I have a longer than average torso. Thanks for the help guys.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: AWS OCPC sizing question

Postby Jewish Ninja » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:28 am

I'd go with an XL.

IIRC Condor PCs are designed to carry medium plates.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Re: AWS OCPC sizing question

Postby McNair » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 am

Being 6'4-6'5, you're likely to be hard pressed to have a PC go below your belly button that much. Keep in mind, body armor is made to be somewhat short in the front so you can sit in vehicles with it, if it went to your waist it would be pretty uncomfortable trying to sit anywhere. i remember reading about how Police officers would send their stuff away to get shortened so it was more comfortable to sit in a car.
I'm 6'3 and running a condor qpc right now and with it just covers my bellybutton with set for the longest size(the back has three adjustable sizes in both length on the shoulders and width in the cumberbund). Though, I suppose it all depends on the size of our torso.

Despite this PC claiming to be adjustable between M-XXL, I'm on the smallest size on the cumberbund and am sacrificing molle space on the sides to get it tight. Being that I am pretty tubby, I'm wondering what their idea of medium is.

Looking for new ideas for a PC right now as well. thinking I might just with a slick and some sort of rack.
McNair

Team: N/A

Return to Tactical Equipment