Fast Helmet Selection Help

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Fast Helmet Selection Help

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:46 pm

I need help finding the right Helmet, one that will actually work and not just looks cool and breaks. So I can finish my seal loadout. So there are three main makers of Fast helmets in my shopping of multiple sites,
Emerson

Lancer Tactical

Bravo Tactical

I am wondering in everyone's experience which helmet is the best and is of the highest quality, any help provided is much welcome. Thank you
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Team: ODA 556

Re: Fast Helmet Selection Help

Postby SA12 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:38 pm

From what I've read, the best quality replica is made/sold by Dragon Red, they also have the Maritime version out now though I believe they're sold out.
SA12
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Welshy McSheeplove » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 pm

1SGT.Reaper wrote:Emerson

Lancer Tactical

Bravo Tactical

All of those have the same exact manufacturer.
9th Group

I AM A BIG ELITIST CRYE WEARING MEANIE, FEAR ME

Welshy McSheeplove

Team: 9/G

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:47 am

Your kidding me right they are all the same manufacturer just re branded, well that sucks so do you think I should just buy the most expensive one and hope for the best?
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Team: ODA 556

Postby Jerm_G » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Just look for a real bump. You know it will be made to last and fixed or replaced if need be by the manufacture. They may not be China man cheep but you can find them for a respectable price if you look hard enough. Believe it or not, a lot of people have bought the real deals, don't like them and sell them for hella cheep. Or you could grab a Mich for about $100.00. Check Ebay, AR15.com equipment exchange, and bookoo. If you go real Kevlar, you know you will have a consistent resale value if you buy used and don't abuse it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACH-MICH-Helmet ... 25850ab96e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MSA-MICH-TC ... 4852f6c9cd

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 am

There are different versions of the helmet. The nice versions have the dial liner and the more modern chinstrap. These will be essentially the same no matter what the name.

There's a 'cheap' version that has a different chinstrap. It has a lower quality/comfort padding and the strap is not as fully adjustable. I'd try to skip this one and get the nice one.

If you get one from Airsoft Outlet NW, they'll have the nicer version, and they'll make sure you don't get a defective one. But I work there, just so you know.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Payback » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 pm

I bought a helmet from airsoftpeak (when is was airsoft park). I think it was an emerson, this one I think is the same, Just different website now http://www.airsoftpeak.com/fast-ballist ... 10181.html

I like it allot. Except it does get hot. Now i wish i would have gotten the one with the vents in it. But i have a large head and this actually has room to tighten it down.

The only problem i have is with the chin strap, It's too short, the chin part actually sits at my cheek. But it's tight enough with my headsets that it doesn't move at all.

I also bought the cheapo rail kit for the headsets to attach to the rails. I suggest going real on those, as mine are crap. They don't lock into place, and assembling them one arm actually broke because the plastic is brittle and wouldn't flex as far as it needed to assemble the parts.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Return to Tactical Equipment