28 Weeks Later Kit

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: 28 Weeks Later Kit

Postby mr_kong » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 am

Plate carrier is a RMV/RAV replica
mr_kong
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:28 pm

I did find this pic of the top of his drop leg, which confused me even more. That's a Safariland top strap, but now he has a USP, so yea...

Most likely a by product of a screw up on the prop director, because for most of the movie I'm pretty sure he has a M9
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Team: ODA 556

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:22 pm

So I am on the way to completing the loadout, I have picked up the drop leg holster as well as the plate carrier and pouches. I have also picked up similar gloves, and I have the m4. Now all I need is some ACUs, boots, and a m14 and I am done
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Team: ODA 556

Postby PvtPatches » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:12 am

What the hell, Ill throw my say in. The M14 gets a rep for being heavy. If you don't mind the weight, and its low cap mags, its a great DMR. As for which models, I have either the CYMA or UTG model, (i bought it from its one and only previous owner, told me it was Echo1 but didn't have the proper engraving.) and its fine enough for what I paid for. The barrel, batteries and gearbox are upgraded giving it a FPS of 350-370. Feeding from Midcap mags is iffy, but feeds solid from Highcap mags. The stock feels flimsy, probably an attempt to make it lighter, but it won't crush or crack on you out in the field. I am upgrading from my AEG to the WE Tech GBBR, as I hear good things about WE Tech and their rifles, and I love the higher FPS, solid weight of the replica, and the feeling of a metal bolt clacking. It was a little spendy, though on sale.

Best advice if you do go out and get one, get a sling.
Mighty fine shindig.
PvtPatches
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment