Ammunition Transportation

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

Re: Ammunition Transportation

Postby McNair » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:31 am

I keep the ammo in the original bag and sometimes put that bag into a thicker lip lock.
I then get a handful of bbs and put them into the speed loader and load the mag. Pretty simple. Going on 14 years and this works best. Be happy you don't have to use the loading tubes of the old days.

I carry 6-12 mid-capacity and low capacity magazines. This can last me half the day normally. Sometimes I'll carry a hicapacity magazine or two as well at low key games.

Running Android's LM4 with 8 magazines tended to last me 2-3 hours at skirmish games and all day/weekend at the MSW game I attended with it.

Also, get used to sarcastic replies to your rookie questions. Don't be a squish mitten in response.
McNair

Team: N/A

Postby Alien_Hunter » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 am

Step 1: Find the whiniest guy on your team.

Step 2: Make him carry your BB's.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Wolf_Raven » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:31 pm

McNair wrote:I keep the ammo in the original bag and sometimes put that bag into a thicker lip lock.
I then get a handful of bbs and put them into the speed loader and load the mag. Pretty simple. Going on 14 years and this works best. Be happy you don't have to use the loading tubes of the old days.

I carry 6-12 mid-capacity and low capacity magazines. This can last me half the day normally. Sometimes I'll carry a hicapacity magazine or two as well at low key games.

Running Android's LM4 with 8 magazines tended to last me 2-3 hours at skirmish games and all day/weekend at the MSW game I attended with it.

Also, get used to sarcastic replies to your rookie questions. Don't be a c**t in response.

Thanks all helpful.

Also, if someone is gonna give me shit than I'll throw it right back. Why would it be expected that I respond like a good little sweetheart? It's not a rookie question, what I am looking for is creative ideas, not "good enough" ideas. also, dont call me a c**t.
Ravenous Wolf
Wolf_Raven
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Deleteplz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Wolf_Raven wrote:Thanks all helpful.

Also, if someone is gonna give me shit than I'll throw it right back. Why would it be expected that I respond like a good little sweetheart? It's not a rookie question, what I am looking for is creative ideas, not "good enough" ideas. also, dont call me a c**t.

I believe what McNair is saying that if you act like an a$$, expect asshat replies.

It's pretty normal for troll posts, etc around here. But you also get plenty of helpful advice.

On topic- I personally keep my ammo in the bag it comes in with the air squeezed out and taped up. Keeps the bbs from rattling.

Off topic- Interesting work you did on your Mazda.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Wolf_Raven » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Its cool, I totally get it. I'm not an a$$ I promise. I guess people cant see that I am also joking... obviously a Louis C.K. quote is a slap back. No hard feeling here ever, I was raised by a fishing vessel captain. I've been givin sh*t with the best of em since i was a little boy.

thanks, Interesting good or interesting bad? I started out just goofing around with it. wanted to do something different.
Ravenous Wolf
Wolf_Raven
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Deleteplz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Wolf_Raven wrote:thanks, Interesting good or interesting bad? I started out just goofing around with it. wanted to do something different.

Let's just say it looks better than most of what I've seen driving around down here. :lol:
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby McNair » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:59 pm

I never called you a squish mitten, I said don't be a squish mitten...
McNair

Postby ParoJo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:05 pm

Personally I carry four 120rnd mids, two 70rnd mids, and a speedloader packed to the brim. The speedloader doesn't rattle at all and when I do use it, I use all of it so there's no rattle to be heard from the SOB. Ever.

On a more creative note: Maybe you could get a bunch empty film canisters, fill those up and keep 'em in a gadget pouch or something. They'd be good for keeping your ammo rationed and even for tossing to your buddies if needed. Pretty similar to the M&M canister idea except maybe a bit more suited for however you want/plan to carry your extra rounds.
ParoJo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mindspeed » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:29 pm

8-10 midcaps. BBs at spawn.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SneakyD » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I use a platypus, its a like a hiking water bottle that is kinda like a bag, works amazing, and since its got a bottle top pours into a speed loader AMAZINGLY
http://www.amazon.com/Platypus-SoftBott ... ter+bottle
SneakyD
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Wolf_Raven » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm

I dig it Sneaky!
Ravenous Wolf
Wolf_Raven
Grunt
Grunt

Postby SneakyD » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 pm

You can find them cheaper in a lot of places. i few of my team mates found colored ones at Big Lots for like $3 bucks
SneakyD
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I use the paintball tubes, full they hold just shy of a high cap worth and can fit 5 in one mag pouch, and there like $0.55 each at extreme velocity in Salem. great for games that limit the amount of mags you can carry

edit" there about as tall as a AK mag
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Shortbu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:51 pm

I like to use the large ziplock freezer bags. They don't make that damn crinkling sound that the original bags make. I'll pour about half the original bag into the ziplock,zip it MOST of the way closed, roll it over itself to get the air out, then zip it the rest of the way. Then I put it in the inside pocket in my 6094. It stays secure, and quiet there, because it's between my ribs, and the plate carrier.
To get the ammo out for loading, I use a prescription pill bottle. I dip the bottle into the ammo, and use my other hand as a funnel to either my speed loader when using mid-caps, or the mag opening when using highs.
It works great, is silent, you don't have to carry a bunch of rattling tubes, and it's very simple to do.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SpecDet1

Previous

Return to Tactical Equipment