To have a Cummerbund or not to

Discussion of load-bearing equipment, tactical gear, holsters, BDUs, and other gear related to Airsoft.

To have a Cummerbund or not to

Postby Bigfoot571 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Hey guys. I'm looking into upgrading from my old MOLLE II vest to a plate carrier, and I wanted to know what your guy's opinions were. There are a few plate carriers that I am looking at, one has a cummerbund and one just has a strap that goes around it. I wanted to know what the pros and cons for each style are and what you guys think is better overall so I can make a better informed decision when I buy.

The vests are the Condor MOPC and the Condor Spec Ops Plate Carrier

Thank you!
Bigfoot571
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: To have a Cummerbund or not to

Postby Jester316 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:54 pm

I've had 3 different vest. 2 with cummerbunds, and one without. While the one without is nice because it's lower profile, lighter weight, and HSLD. My carrier now utilizes a cummerbund because it helps secure it. Airsoft magazines aren't as heavy as real ones, so the back of the carrier is heavier. The cummerbund helps keep the front from strangling me when I'm playing. The cummerbund has 3 rows of MOLLE so I can add more magazines, water bottles, radios, or whatever else I want. That makes things more accessible than stuffing them in the pack on the back which you have to remove the plate carrier to get to.

I say go for it.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:39 am

Cummerbund is the way to go, unless you're rocking a slick carrier.

Be sure to get dummy plates.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Postby Bigfoot571 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 am

That's my biggest worry with the Spec Ops carrier, I would have 6 mid caps on the front and a couple small bits and pieces, and the back would have a backpack attached to it, so I am leaning towards the MOPC, it's just a little more money, haha

And yeah, either way I'm making sure to get some dummy plates.
Bigfoot571
Grunt
Grunt

Postby AirsoftoutletNW » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:14 pm

I really prefer a vest with a cummerbund. It's not much bulkier, but it usually provides a better fit and stability (as mentioned) and more MOLLE space (as mentioned). Also, the Spec Ops Plate Carrier (or Compact Plate Carrier) is a very old design and really don't fit or conform to the wearer very well. I'd go with something newer for sure.

The MOPC is a popular one, and the new versions of the MOPC that we sell have the velcro loops on the shoulder for radio/hydration guides.

The other two I would compare it with are the Condor Gunner and Condor Sentry plate carriers.

http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/products ... te-carrier
http://www.airsoftoutletnw.com/condor-s ... te-carrier

The Gunner has the cummerbund, but is a little slimmer than the operator plate carrier, and a little lighter. More high speed.
The Sentry is the new version of the non-cummerbund style, and will have a much better fit than the other versions. It's the cool new low-cost model.
AirsoftoutletNW
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Shortbu » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:24 pm

I use the Pantac 6094, and LOVE IT. Price is decent, and with the plates in there it's very comfortable. The molle on the sides holds my radio pouche,first aid pouch, and dump pouch on the left, and more mag pouches, and a small fold up dump/utility pouch on the right. Even if you don't want to carry that much gear, having the versatility of adding is nice, and the cummerbund is way more comfortable than just the straps.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bigfoot571 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:29 am

I have pretty much decided on the Cummerbund, I'm sold, haha

AirsoftoutletNW wrote:The Gunner has the cummerbund, but is a little slimmer than the operator plate carrier, and a little lighter. More high speed.

I really like that one, do you know when you will get it in OD green?
I'll either get the Gunner or the MOCP depending on when the OD comes out
Bigfoot571
Grunt
Grunt

Postby AirsoftoutletNW » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm

We should be getting the Gunner in OD soon. They're a new plate carrier, and it only took about 2 weeks to get our first shipment, but OD was the only solid color we didn't get. I'd hope to see them in just a couple weeks.
AirsoftoutletNW
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Bigfoot571 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Great to know. Thanks for the help! Once I get my money together I'll check up on that gunner carrier, and hopefully I'll be getting it! Thank you guys for the help!
Bigfoot571
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Tactical Equipment