Double Flag Pole

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Double Flag Pole

Postby jvangeld » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:12 pm

Greetings folks,

I would like to make a flag pole or three for some domination scenarios. I'm thinking of making one as in the illustration below, two flags, two lines, two pulleys. It seems really simple. I am wondering if anyone has made something like this before? Any pitfalls to be aware of?
Attachments
DoubleFlagPole.png
Blue is winning
DoubleFlagPole.png (10.26 KiB) Viewed 506 times
jvangeld
Recruit
Recruit

Team: VGA

Re: Double Flag Pole

Postby rya » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:28 pm

Mount the flag near the knot is the main thing, so it doesn't have to go through the pulley.
rya
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby jvangeld » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:15 pm

rya wrote:Mount the flag near the knot is the main thing, so it doesn't have to go through the pulley.

Yeah, I figure that the best way to set up the lines would be to use swivel snaps like these:

https://www.flagmansportsstore.com/product-page/nickel-plated-zinc-swivel-snaps
If those are bigger than the pulleys then they will stop the line so we don't pull the flag through the pulleys.

Otherwise, I guess I could tie the flag directly to the line. That would be a pain whenever I want to take the flags off. I have a friend who has all kinds of epic fantasy flags. Lord of the Rings and such. He would probably enjoy using these flag poles for his own events.
jvangeld
Recruit
Recruit

Postby jvangeld » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:42 pm

Well, I finished one. It looks pretty cool. But for our game we downloaded the Chess clock app from chess.com and used that on two phones for Domination checkpoints. Real chess timers would be ideal, might pick up a few of those soon.
jvangeld
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Custom Projects