Advanced Integrated Combat Computing System (AICCS)

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Postby Kilt boy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 pm

well considering that a bft. and mts weigh in at not exceding 50 pounds of and are vehicle mounted for power issues. and they each have a hd not exceding 2-5 gigs depending on updates im not exactly in the know as it is said but i remember them coming up with a satelite tranciver about as big as your fist along with a gps puck problem is it has to be faceing the sky and pretty much clear it sucks on cloudy days 6 hours for message that is 526bytes is ridiculous but any ways tech is out there and i think you acomplished what took the dod 10 years trilions of dollars and better specs in less than a few hours good job man has any one in a black suit and sunglasses stalking you?
In the words of the prophet S.L.A.P.
"blah blah blah gay gay gay sand bags"
Kilt boy
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Jewish Ninja » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Kilt boy wrote:well considering that a bft. and mts weigh in at not exceding 50 pounds of and are vehicle mounted for power issues. and they each have a hd not exceding 2-5 gigs depending on updates im not exactly in the know as it is said but i remember them coming up with a satelite tranciver about as big as your fist along with a gps puck problem is it has to be faceing the sky and pretty much clear it sucks on cloudy days 6 hours for message that is 526bytes is ridiculous but any ways tech is out there and i think you acomplished what took the dod 10 years trilions of dollars and better specs in less than a few hours good job man has any one in a black suit and sunglasses stalking you?

wut?
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Kilt boy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Jewish Ninja wrote:
Kilt boy wrote:well considering that a bft. and mts weigh in at not exceding 50 pounds of and are vehicle mounted for power issues. and they each have a hd not exceding 2-5 gigs depending on updates im not exactly in the know as it is said but i remember them coming up with a satelite tranciver about as big as your fist along with a gps puck problem is it has to be faceing the sky and pretty much clear it sucks on cloudy days 6 hours for message that is 526bytes is ridiculous but any ways tech is out there and i think you acomplished what took the dod 10 years trilions of dollars and better specs in less than a few hours good job man has any one in a black suit and sunglasses stalking you?

wut?

sorry getting ready for work and im 4 cups in the sky and throw in a technophile with adhd who couldnt pay attention in high school during english its a very bad mix. but i digress BFT.=FBCB2= Blue force tracker
MTS=Movement Tracking System= that piece of junk that is affixed to my dash board that i bounce my knees and head off of. pretty much its the unclassified bits of info that you can pull off of Tech manuals that are on the net.
Kilt boy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Wombat Six » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Blue Force Tracker is vehicle mounted because of the power constraints on the hardware, and there's no need for the hard drive to be bigger than 2-5GB. We don't load the entire world, we load the parts of the world we care about. The individual man-portable systems are not. The GPS is considerably more accurate than anything you're going to find in the real world (up to and including accuracies <1 meter).

Hell, I can build a position tracker that will report back to Karma's laptop from anywhere on the field with a handful of hardware pieces I have laying around my house. In fact, I'm tempted to do it just as a show and tell piece. Given a system similar to his and we could be talking back and forth clear as day, even sharing files if we wanted.

We can pass real time traffic via any of a variety of links and haven't been constrained by a 526 byte limit in a long time.

As for the development costs, the DoD's end objectives are similar but different. I'd be willing to bet that if Karma built his system as a customized piece of hardware designed to survive the environs of war and not whatever he had laying around, he'd be spending considerably more money.

EDIT: In fact, I am going to build my little tracker and demonstrate the other half of Karma's puzzle.
Ludere Causa Ludendi
Wombat Six
Specops
Specops

Postby Kilt boy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 pm

very true and now im curious could you possibly link up with karma and try it out i would be very interested in seeing this system come to fruition.
Kilt boy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Byrd » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:26 pm

sooo i'm gonna track you down on saturday to get a peek at this possibly, the Russians and Yemeni's wont know what i'm doing (oh the joys of bing Cascadian and speaking English... ) so i hopefully wont get shot for it ;)
Byrd
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 am

Blue Force Tracker would rock balls
"Not that kind of Doctor"
Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:53 am

Blind firing is outlawed because it is dangerous. If someone can see their target and shoot at it safely, it makes no difference whether he's using a corner-shot camera or if he's shooting through a hole with a mesh shield like on some bunkers.
Last edited by CommieHunter on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Sleepy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

CommieHunter wrote:Blind firing is outlawed because it is dangerous. If someone can see there target and shoot at it safely, it makes no difference whether he's using a corner-shot camera or if he's shooting through a hole with a mesh shield like on some bunkers.

This.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Switch » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 am

CommieHunter wrote:Blind firing is outlawed because it is dangerous. If someone can see there target and shoot at it safely, it makes no difference whether he's using a corner-shot camera or if he's shooting through a hole with a mesh shield like on some bunkers.

I Agree!
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Ginocide » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:33 pm

So......
Karma can call in our UAV's and Predator Missiles?
I don't mess with people who own guns, they have contingency plans.
Ginocide
Specops
Specops

Postby The Clock » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Ginocide wrote:So......
Karma can call in our UAV's and Predator Missiles?

Yes, because everybody knows that a standard civie laptop is able to call in airborne strikes from military aircraft in the area. :roll:
The Clock
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Beran » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:39 pm

like geese over your head, boy.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Manicotti Airsoft » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm

Beran wrote:like geese over your head, boy.

Manicotti Airsoft
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Clock » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I got the joke ok? I'm not totaly shut off from the world.
The Clock
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Custom Projects