VSR 10 Iron Sights.

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

VSR 10 Iron Sights.

Postby LiberalPacifist » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:03 pm

This seems like a relatively straightforward question. Does anyone know if anyone has ever put integrated (not railed) iron sights on their VSR 10 or clone bolt action?

I ask because I am interested in making a very rudimentary airsoft impression of a first world war era rifle to accompany my M1917 and waxed moustachios, and a VSR 10 with iron sights seems like a logical starting place. I am not sure if I want to make a Lebel replica or the more universally recognized MkIII SMLE/P14 type yet.

But nevertheless the question remains the same: Has anyone ever heard of a VSR10 being customized with integrated iron sights?
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby Beran » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 pm

kabar did something similar on his scout rifle. i think he just JB-welded them on.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby SLINKEY » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 pm

when i bought a bar-10, like 2 years ago, it came with plastic.. iron sites, and that double sided sticky foam. they dont do that anymore?
you could even go real steal at ur local surplus, never know they might have some that just screw right onto the top of it.

But yeah i'v seen it many times, Even thought of doing the same my self.. Lmao tear up these "snipers" with out a scope. lmao..
Eastern Washington Airsoft Admin team member
www.Ewairsoft.com
SLINKEY
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby LiberalPacifist » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:31 pm

I think I'll actually get some surplus sights from a parts store and drill and tap them in with some machine screws. I have all the tools to do it anyway.
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Return to Custom Projects