Browning M2HB with M63 mount

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Browning M2HB with M63 mount

Postby Arbiter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Alright guys heres my new project! Don't know how long its gunna take but it will happen! This is basically what it will look like when its finished. Any ideas for materials or common objects to use, to help keep cost down, would help I'm thinking mostly an ABS construction (because its light and easy to work with... And cheap! haha) but we will see where this goes =)

"Ah you kids are all the same these days.. All you want is a gun you saw on Modern Warfare 2... Noobs.. Everyone knows Modern Warfare 1 was wayyy cooler! Besides They had the g36 in there!!"
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Catch22 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Arbiter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 am

Yeah I'm gunna use some of his templates for mine =) I've already got a gearbox for it so I'm going to build the internals to meet what I need also I will have a safety switch on the back of mine just because.. lol
"Ah you kids are all the same these days.. All you want is a gun you saw on Modern Warfare 2... Noobs.. Everyone knows Modern Warfare 1 was wayyy cooler! Besides They had the g36 in there!!"
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby weasle8877 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:33 am

Don't do ABS plastic, it sucks. I've seen, held, played with KB M2's and they are just crappy. They look cool from a distance, but up close you can tell its cheap plastic. Moving it around in a cradle mount makes it feel like it's gonna break. Also, a M2 that you can hold with one hand is just plane silly. I'd say use those template, but make it out of steel. It'd cost more but it'd be worth it in the end.
weasle8877
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Arbiter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:41 am

Hmmm okay so if I do what you say and make it out of steel... What do you propose i use to cut the pieces with? My friend has welding stuff so putting it together will be no problem. and mabey I could build up as much as i can with steel and substitute abs in places it can be replaced later? So that I can finish it up asap?
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby weasle8877 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:51 am

I'd use a plasma cutter to cut out the pieces, although an OA cutting torch would certainly work. If you use thin sheet metal you could use a sheer and then stack the pieces to the right thickness. Also don't weld it unless you have to, there aren't many welds on the M2 that I know of. If you were to substitue anything for ABS do things like the barrel shroud and maybe the barrel, but you need to find a really good way to bond plastic to metal.
weasle8877
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bulldog » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Water Jet, Laser cut, CNC, if you have a steady hand plasma or OA torch, though if I were going to do it I would just use a 4 1/2" angle grinder with a cut off wheel, most basic fab tool and you can do almost anything with it. dirt cheap at Harbor freight and will last a good amount of time.
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby Arbiter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Alright well I will try and get this all going.. I know a guy that does Machining so I'll probably have to have him make My barrel since I cant find one the right length haha.
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Catch22 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:19 pm

I'd suggest doing one out of ABS first. If you're successful, then try making one out of sheet metal.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby LiberalPacifist » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Catch22 wrote:I'd suggest doing one out of ABS first. If you're successful, then try making one out of sheet metal.

Ditto. Or try covering the abs with a sheet metal skin.

I'm currently in the process of building a Browning M1917 HMG (cooling jacket, outer barrel, and 50% receiver done) from killbucket's patterns, and the material I've found is cheapest and roughly effective is clear lexan plastic rattle canned flat black. It's about $15 for a 1/4 inch 4X4 sheet, while ABS (according to a place I called while researching) costs $150 for a 1/4 inch 8X4 sheet. If this works out I will build a sheet metal skin for it to add a bit of weight and realism.
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby Strikerz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 pm

LiberalPacifist wrote:
Catch22 wrote:I'd suggest doing one out of ABS first. If you're successful, then try making one out of sheet metal.

Ditto. Or try covering the abs with a sheet metal skin.

I'm currently in the process of building a Browning M1917 HMG (cooling jacket, outer barrel, and 50% receiver done) from killbucket's patterns, and the material I've found is cheapest and roughly effective is clear lexan plastic rattle canned flat black. It's about $15 for a 1/4 inch 4X4 sheet, while ABS (according to a place I called while researching) costs $150 for a 1/4 inch 8X4 sheet. If this works out I will build a sheet metal skin for it to add a bit of weight and realism.

+1
Strikerz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NoyPi1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Wow! Good luck with your project! Do you plan using the gun on a field game? Will this gun be allowed in a game?
NoyPi1
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Arbiter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks for the replies guys I am working on getting the patterns down to my liking.. (Mixing killbuckets design with the real steel blueprints). =) I do plan to use it in games where ever I feel like taking it haha and it should be aloud..? I don't see why not its gunna have a normal AEG gear box although I do have an M120 layin' around I might throw in there.. But I don't know that much about this kind of gearbox.. never opened one up.. Oh and I do plan on making some stuff with some sort of plastic/ PVC/ ABS stuff Whatevers cheapest. Then the final project will be steel.
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby LiberalPacifist » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:23 pm

Does the M2HB pattern call for a M249 or M14 gearbox? I know the 1919/1917 is an M14. Also, there's no good reason it shouldn't be allowed at games as long as it meets velocity requirements.
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby Arbiter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 pm

hahaha Well it calls for a M14 style but I don't have one of those laying around so I pulled the gearbox out of my falling apart usles never been used mp40 haha for now anyways... So everything internal is going to be done with my own creativity.
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Custom Projects