1200 mm inner barrel?

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Postby VogonFord » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:35 am

LiberalPacifist wrote:
VogonFord wrote:
LiberalPacifist wrote:Cool, but impractical. Like moustache wax.

Don't be hatin', Joe.

Whats wrong with impractical? I am wearing moustache wax now, as I type this message. My biggest concern (as a machinist) is if it is even possible to make. I hadn't considered juices point either and it is a good one.

Another thing, if it were within the realm of possibility to make/use at all, the efficiency would be so great from the added barrel length that the strength of the spring would have to be FAR less than those we are used to in standard AEGs. not necessarily a bad thing, in fact quite a good thing as far as energy consumption is concerned. But the supplied voltage to the motor would have to be lower too, to limit the ROF to sustainable limits.

I was talking only about the mustache wax :P Admittedly I've never worn it for more than two days in a row because I was having issues with all the stares I was getting, but I found nothing particularly difficult about it.

But yeah, that barrel length is just stupid.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Arbiter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 pm

alright alright guys dont be hatein! I wanted to make it an accurate copy of the real steel I dont need anything like a tight bore or anything.. just enough to get it out at a decent velocity but ill settle for whatevers the longest I can get commercially and not too expensive...
"Ah you kids are all the same these days.. All you want is a gun you saw on Modern Warfare 2... Noobs.. Everyone knows Modern Warfare 1 was wayyy cooler! Besides They had the g36 in there!!"
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby RiotingCows » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Well with a 1200mm length barrel you'll have to protect the barrel from being damaged and if you but a 650mm barrel in it you can make a two piece barrel that will allow you to remove two feet of the "barrel" for transport and then screw it on to make it look realistic.
Kick me. I go "Moooooooo!!!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA5v0bZij40
RiotingCows
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LiberalPacifist » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Just go with a single piece 500-whatever is longest barrel. It'll be as accurate as you want. Plus all the empty outer barrel forward of the muzzle will make a neat popping sound when you fire.
LiberalPacifist
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby Sixxgun » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:03 pm

i'm curious to know what are u making only thing with that long of a barrel would be some thing over .50 cal in Rs
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Voodoo Man » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Hes making a .50 cal (M2).
Voodoo Man
Specops
Specops

Team: DRAT

Postby Arbiter » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:10 pm

yes exactly thank you neptune :)
"Ah you kids are all the same these days.. All you want is a gun you saw on Modern Warfare 2... Noobs.. Everyone knows Modern Warfare 1 was wayyy cooler! Besides They had the g36 in there!!"
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sixxgun » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:34 pm

I would PM Killbucket he's got plans you can down load and he knows his shit LOL
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Arbiter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Yes but his is a shortened version I am using his plans.. only slightly modified to be closer to the real steel..
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sixxgun » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Ahh lol I figure you were I was meaning the planes for the body and such dunno about barrel
Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Previous

Return to Custom Projects