UNIFORM CONVERSIONS, REPAIRS & UPGRADES

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Re: UNIFORM CONVERSIONS, REPAIRS & UPGRADES Adventure - Tact

Postby Android » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Got a confirmation PM from Unconventional and my stuff is almost ready. FYI, please send him new or almost-new stuff; working on my old MultiCam stuff is hard & the reason it's not in my hands right now.
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Unconventional » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 am

Switch wrote:Hey, will you be able to modded A-TAC FG Pants once they come out?

Yes, it shouldn't be a problem 8)
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Unconventional » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:06 am

Mtgriz wrote:Image

This is a picture taken from another forum of some work done in Virginia Beach. Would you be able to copy this with a supplied BDU top and Under Armor shirt? I'm mostly interested in the collar and Raid mod.

Big fan of your stuff, thanks for the consideration.

Sorry for the delay in response to your inquiry...yes, I can do that. I know what those are, although I don't get those type of orders much.

I currently have pending orders to fulfill and and I'm working on finishing those right now. As soon as I am ready for new orders I'll post here on my thread for everybody. I'll put you on my wait list.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Unconventional » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:21 am

UPDATE 02/23/12
Still working on the "Ash" and "Android" orders...hang in there.
I broke my left thumb and upper hand about 3 weeks ago and didn't know it was broken until yesterday after finally going into the Doctor. It has slowed me down a bit but not enough to keep me from sewing up the orders. Just slower progress as I have to be careful when using that hand.

General update on pricing and pending orders..etc:

The first page of this entire thread has my original pricing guidelines, however, prices are constantly changing due to the increasing changes with materials and textiles pricing in the current market. The below pricing guidelines are just that...guidelines, and are not "set in stone". Prices can fluctuate up or down, however, I always keep costs very fair and usually do my best so that both parties are happy in the end.

1B
Uniforms (generally available type uniforms such as Propper, Tru-Spec and other issue uniforms..etc):

For whatever reason...whether the user doesn't have a uniform, base shirt, fabric, materials, velcro..etc or they just simply want me to provide the uniform..etc...I can acquire those for you at lowest possible price I can get them for with little profit to me. I do that so that the person can get the best possible deal so that their money mainly goes into the mods and not the uniform itself. Prices vary on new and used uniform pants and shirts and pant/shirt combos..etc, where I get them from. Sometimes I can get them very cheap..sometimes not but usually I can get them at a decent price.

Currently I have pending military SOF and LE SWAT orders that take priority over all other orders. Some of you already know that I need to catch up on my pending orders, first, before taking any new orders so that I don't get behind and slow progress with peoples orders..etc. As soon as I complete the pending orders, I will contact each one of you to let you know I'm ready for your order. You guys are fantastic and I am proud to serve you with your needs. The good Lord has blessed our family with consistent orders and I am humbled by this. I wish I had time to go on about the difficulties our family have faced the last 2 + years, but I'm not going to get into that here. I know that may of your families have had difficulties as well and I pray for you and your families as I do for my own.

Contact me via PM or my e-mail address at adtactical@yahoo.com for a specified quote. I still remain to be one of the lowest priced uniform, outerwear clothing and alpine climbing clothing and gear modifiers in the US.

A - T..out...
Last edited by Unconventional on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Switch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Unconventional wrote:
Switch wrote:Hey, will you be able to modded A-TAC FG Pants once they come out?

Yes, it shouldn't be a problem 8)

Nice!
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby pulsipher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 pm

I cant wait to be in the queue for new pants

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Switch » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:51 pm

pulsipher wrote:I cant wait to be in the queue for new pants

SAME! 8)
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Unconventional » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm now officially sick with a cold, my left hand is in a brace, my thumb hurts and I'm very tired from no sleep due to this damn sinus problem in my left nostril...what else is going to happen to me..jeeesh :cry: . OK..no more whining..here's my very first new edition to the FCHP mods...an E-FCHP BATTLE (FCHP version 3) pant (Enhanced Field/Combat Hybrid Pants). These cost more dolla to do than the standard FCHP's.

The E-FCHP BATTLE (FCHP version 3) pant will be the best answer to all those people out there who have been inquiring about wanting me to make pants that have features like some of the current designs on the market.

There may be slight variances with each persons pants, due to the particular design of the pants that are going to be worked on... however, in general, each E-FCHP BATTLE (FCHP version 3) pants will have the following features:

Combat knee pad pockets with double stitch outlines
Reinforced loop velcro knee pad hole edges
Internal knee pad height adjusters (1" matching nylon webbing/1" matching loop-locks)
Folded and angled pocket flaps
Outer mid-pant leg velcro adjustment straps
Ankle pant leg velcro adjustment straps
Calf pocket relocation to front of pant legs, just above top of knee pad pockets,if pants have existing lower calf pockets
All necessary matching velcro included
* 2 front D-ring loops added to front of pants waist-line using 1" matching nylon webbing at base of the two front belt loops (CUSTOMER MUST REQUEST THIS OPTION)

"Androids" very used and broken-in Propper multicam E-FCHP BATTLE (FCHP version 3) pants:

Last edited by Unconventional on Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 15 times in total.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Android » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Nice. Thanks for putting up with my insane demands, and hope you get better. :)
"It's nothing to worry about. It's just a fire on my head."
Android
Specops
Specops

Postby Snake_Eyes » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:02 am

Unconventional those pants are something I'm extremely interested in. Those pockets above the knee can fit a standard M4/M16 Magazine correct?

If so good sir we'll be in touch. I can send you a money order or paypal depending on internet availability. Also the Army issue MC fabric sucks balls (FRACU). Whatever additive they imbue these with makes them breakdown extremely fast. I'll be in touch!
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby Unconventional » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Android wrote:Nice. Thanks for putting up with my insane demands, and hope you get better. :)

It's all good my friend...I think the worst of it was last night so I'm getting better now.

I'm working on your OD pants as I type this. I plan on getting both pants shipped out to you by tonight...over the weekedn at the latest.

8)

From Snake Eyes:
"Unconventional those pants are something I'm extremely interested in. Those pockets above the knee can fit a standard M4/M16 Magazine correct?"

Answer:
Those pockets were just the original M4 mag pockets that were already on his pants that I removed and re-installed up on the front of the legs....but yes...if need be, I can also make them to add to a pair of pants if the person doesn't already have calf pockets on their pants when they send them to me. I usually ask for material from the person ordering so I have it to use to make whatever pockets..etc they want added to the pants.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Unconventional » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:19 am

The 2cnd pair E-FCHP BATTLE (FCHP version 3) of pants for "Android".

The E-FCHP pants are an alternative option over my original FCHP pant conversion. The features of the E-FCHP pant are posted with each of the photos below.

The E-FCHP BATTLE pant will be the best answer to all those people out there who have been inquiring about wanting pants that have more technical features that are on today's modern warfighter kit.

There may be slight variances with each persons pants, due to the particular design of the pants that are going to be worked on... however, in general, each E-FCHP BATTLE pants will have the following features:

Combat knee pad pockets with double stitch outlines
Reinforced loop velcro knee pad hole edges
Internal knee pad height adjusters (1" matching nylon webbing/1" matching loop-locks)
Folded and angled pocket flaps
Outer mid-pant leg velcro adjustment straps
Ankle pant leg velcro adjustment straps
Calf pocket relocation to front of pant legs, just above top of knee pad pockets,if pants have existing lower calf pockets
All necessary matching velcro included
* 2 front D-ring loops added to front of pants waist-line using 1" matching nylon webbing at base of the two front belt loops (CUSTOMER MUST REQUEST THIS OPTION)

E-FCHP BATTLE conversion to Propper OD twill pants:

Double thread lines are installed around the knee pad pocket outline.
The The yellow/green glow around the knee pad pockets is sewers chalk for outlining the pocket...it will wash out.

All pocket flap corners are pulled in and angled (customer still has the option to use the original buttons or pay a little extra for velcro closures)

The mid-leg adjustment straps are now sewn at an angle, slightly downward. This is done to avoid having feeling the velcro pinch a person gets when they squat down..etc. The velcro straps angle downward over the upper calf and out of the way...

Both, mid-leg adjusters and ankle adjusters are included with any E-FCHP conversion as well.

Internal adjustable combat knee pad height adjusters (1" OD mil-spec nylon webbing, 1" OD loop-locks)

Showing interior 1" nylon webbing running up through the front pockets and heavy-duty hand made fabric support triangles (white pieces on inside of pants is just masking tape..it will wash off when pants are washed over time..etc)

IF YOU INCLUDE A SMALL AMOUNT OF MATCHING MATERIAL ALONG WHEN YOU SEND ME YOUR PANTS, I CAN USE THAT MATERIAL TO EXTEND THE KNEE PAD POCKETS TO ALLOW THE PADS TO EXTEND WHERE THEY NEED TO BE., OTHERWISE, depending on what pants you send to me, a small amount of the bottom ends of the combat knee pads may or may not protrude past the inner stitch line that is located at the base of each knee reinforcement square on your pants. If the knee area reinforcement on your pants is too small in length, the bottom of your combat knee pads will protrude through the base of the pockets, but will be inside of your pant legs, out of site. The neoprene-like edging of the combat knee pads are very comfortable and soft and after testing a pair of E-FCHP pants out with all types of movement, I found that the base of the knee pads did not bother my legs at all and were soft enough on my legs. No discomfort was felt. If your pants have the longer knee area reinforcements, your combat pads should fit alright and not protrude out the bottom. I've never had a complaint yet from anyone who has the standard FCHP's or E-FCHP's with protruding knee pads. I'm working on a remedy to fix this...but for now..the edging area where the pads protrude will be sewn with stitch lines to weld the edges and keep them from fraying.
Last edited by Unconventional on Wed May 09, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Unconventional » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:40 pm

PRICE AND INFO UPDATE POSTED TO THE CLASSIFIEDS "SERVICES" SECTION...PER ADMIN'S REQUEST. 8)
Last edited by Unconventional on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby pulsipher » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 pm

are you taking contacted persons yet?

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Unconventional » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Good question....I'm about half way through the current orders..so moving along steady with a half healed hand..lol.

I will certainly reach everybody that wants an order done as soon as I get these finished.

8)
- Thomas Jefferson

Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Projects