Pneumatic shotgun?

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Postby Infidel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Ive built pneumatic launchers that fire everything from beer cans to paintballs. Getting a reliable FPS is extremely difficult, I'm not trying to shut out your creativity, I'm just concerned with the safety of everyone involved.
Infidel
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby Icepick » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:24 pm

I understand, like I said earlier it would be more geared towards a back-yard shooter. But if able I would like to bring it to a game... What about something like Nerf screamers in a minature combustion cannon?
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Falcon7 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Woah, combustion is different. It's generally messy, unreliable, and not allowed at games because of the fire hazard.
Interested in joining Bop? Want to get rid of a broken gun? PM me.
Falcon7
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby Icepick » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:44 pm

The only way I can think of making something that will have a constant fps is somehow taking a cheap-o Crosman co2 pistol, and using the guts of that... Other than that it all just relies on if people think your honest or not about fps.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby quigly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 am

There's no way your going to get near enough power to propel anything more then a couple BBs a hundred feet. If you're going gas, I would just go all out and get a regulator and CO2 rig and run it that way. Plus that way you have a lil more consistent shots.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Falcon7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 am

Use a PSI gauge. Combustion will probably be less consistent with the varying levels of asplodables and o2 and whatnot.
Interested in joining Bop? Want to get rid of a broken gun? PM me.
Falcon7
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby Icepick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 am

A pneumatic rig honestly just seems too cumbersome, sure I could mount some sort of bike pump on to the gun... But then that may have issues, and the pumping takes quite a while. Instead I could just use a compact combustion launcher I could have in a holster, and get a dedicated pouch for a propellant. (Axe, hairspray, etc.)
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Infidel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 am

Its not cheap but if you can fit a m203 grenade onto PVC pipe using a rubber coupler, that's the best way. It's how I built my law rocket launcher. It'll put a nerf pocket football a good 150 feet with a full charge.
Infidel
Soldier
Soldier

Team: SOTA

Postby quigly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:08 am

No. Just no. Something like that would be incredibly inconsistent based on how much you spay in. Plus, you would be carrying around a bomb on your side. Combustion isn't practical for airsoft, nor is it safe.And I seriously doubt any event organizer would allow you to use something like that.
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Icepick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 pm

So now I'm 100% sticking with pneumatic... So what can I use as a projectile to hit somebody? (Besides a nerf football, that might be a little much.)
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby quigly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:41 pm

You shouldn't be shooting anything out to directly hit people. I thought we alright went over that. The MORTARS used indirectly fire nerf pocket footballs and use a radius kill. Or you can launch BBs, but it would be very inaccurate.
quigly
Specops
Specops

Postby Icepick » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm going to work on a launcher that can shoot a nerf dart at 0-125psi. I'll test out the ranges and what not and determine if it can be an actual consideration... And if it isn't (it probably won't be.) then at least I have a fun toy to mess with.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Arbiter » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 am

okay heres your solution to fps.. just don't use scheduled 40 or 80 pvc!!!! I have made quite a few of these only bigger.. for long range you gotta use the thick pvc or abs.. but for close range small stuff use the thiner because if you over charge it something will break before you go over the pressure limit.
"Ah you kids are all the same these days.. All you want is a gun you saw on Modern Warfare 2... Noobs.. Everyone knows Modern Warfare 1 was wayyy cooler! Besides They had the g36 in there!!"
Arbiter
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm

Infidel wrote:Its not cheap but if you can fit a m203 grenade onto PVC pipe using a rubber coupler, that's the best way. It's how I built my law rocket launcher. It'll put a nerf pocket football a good 150 feet with a full charge.

Link to said coupler?
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Private Mack D. » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:35 pm

That seems kind of big for a shotgun.
Try making it smaller if you can. I wouldn't want to carry around a big bulky gun that doesn't much BBs in the first place.
Private Mack D.
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Custom Projects