Grease

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Grease

Postby The Murse » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 am

So i know this isn't really a custom project, more of me just upgrading my gun. I bought some new gears recently and am not sure if I should grease them along with my piston and cylinder. Also just got a new madbull barrel, im guessing silicon oil but im new to the Tech world.

So far its been alot of fun though =)

PS; mp5s have SO MANY SCREWS!!!
The Murse
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Blizzard » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 am

Yes, spray some White Lithium grease in the gears and piston/cylinder, then cycle the gearbox several times before putting it back in the gun.

Opinions vary, but I prefer to leave my barrels ungreased, but make sure to clean it out well.
For every action (Bang) there is an equal and opposite reaction (HIT!)
Previously AsianMarksman
Blizzard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cap n pickles » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:34 am

Blizzard wrote:Yes, spray some White Lithium grease in the gears and piston/cylinder, then cycle the gearbox several times before putting it back in the gun.

Opinions vary, but I prefer to leave my barrels ungreased, but make sure to clean it out well.

Make sure not to put to much Grease, or it will get thrown up into the piston rack then into the barrel eventually.
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Merchant » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:02 am

Don't use silicon spray in the gear box though. If you use the silicon spray you would put in your barrel in your gear box it will evaporate after while leaving a dry mechbox.
Merchant
Soldier
Soldier

Postby The Murse » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 am

Awesome. I did a quick google search and found some for sale on amazon for like 3 bucks, i have a feeling shipping will be like 8 so i would rather just buy local. Do you guys have any advice for where to buy it from. I was just going to google near mechanic shops and check those out.
The Murse
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bulldog » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Just go to an Automotive shop and pick up a tube of grease. you don't need very much of it. A small tube will last you awhile.

Or if your going highspeed- polish your gearbox and ten spray some dry lube in the box all over and on the gears, once dry buff the film that is left and it will fly.
G.O.A.T.....Heavy gunner
Rockin it old school-Asahi m60e3 shorty
Bulldog
Specops
Specops

Team: G.O.A.T

Postby Variable » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

The best lube for your gearbox is bacon grease. Seriously. Fry some bacon and then strain the grease through a coffee filter. Heat the grease up before applying it to your gears. When you are really rock and rolling in game you'll get delicious bacony smells!
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Jester316 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 pm

I (and a bunch of other people who work on airsoft guns) use LubriMatic White Lithium Grease. It's sold in an 8oz squeeze tube (like a giant toothpaste) at Home Depot for pretty cheap. The tube will last you a very long time.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Return to Custom Projects