Night vision scope for AEG

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Postby Eyes On » Tue May 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Wow!

Spock, is your reflex sight red/green, or just one color? If it is 2 color, you should consider replacing one of the colored LEDs with IR. You'll be able to see the reticle, but others around you won't be able to see the slight glow from your sight. It's marginal, but in close it might be very beneficial.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Team: N/A

Postby Spock » Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Gunny wrote:Wow!

Spock, is your reflex sight red/green, or just one color? If it is 2 color, you should consider replacing one of the colored LEDs with IR. You'll be able to see the reticle, but others around you won't be able to see the slight glow from your sight. It's marginal, but in close it might be very beneficial.

Oh dude! That's an awesome idea Unfortunately, I have just a red reticle, but maybe I can make it work!
Live long and prosper.
Spock
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cap n pickles » Wed May 18, 2011 12:53 pm

How did this work for you?
"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby Spock » Sun May 22, 2011 4:18 pm

This worked out really well at REZIII! My AK actually broke a day before the game, but I was able to borrow a teammate's AK and install the NVG system on it!

Throughout the game, I was able to see at least 100 feet in front of me like it was perfect daylight. Beyond that, it was difficult to see unless there were some other illumination for the scope.

At the start of the game, I was able to get 4 kills right off the bat because people didn't know I was able to see them when they couldn't see me! The AK I borrowed didn't have any additional space to mount a reflex sight, so I had to use the laser for my own targeting also. Pretty soon, people figured out that if they saw a red dot on them, they need to get their entire team to shoot back at the red laser.

After people figured it out, it was pretty much a 1:1 kill ratio. I was also able to help our team navigate through the woods in a completely dark scenario! That still helped quite a bit!

I got my AK all fixed now and I should be able to have much better results next time with an actual reflex sight so as to not give away my position so quickly!
Live long and prosper.
Spock
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Falcon7 » Sun May 22, 2011 5:12 pm

I bet you could make quite a bit of money making these for people....I know I'd buy one. I'd do it, but I don't trust myself with a soldering iron =P
Interested in joining Bop? Want to get rid of a broken gun? PM me.
Falcon7
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Previous

Return to Custom Projects