Your Latest Custom Projects

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Postby quigly » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm

And I am not trying to look down on it at all, in fact I love these things. I just want him to have it where more host will allow it. I guess I just have different views on these things then you guys do. *Shrugs*
My father once told me, "Some times all you have is a bullet and a prayer, don't miss."
quigly
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Catch22 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Very cool. Totally want one. Glad you tested it on a person too.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Darius137 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:38 pm

I also have some issues with a foam thing being shot at me with a very low amount of force. It could ruffle my beard which has been carefully crafted to look like a special forces soldier for the pictures which I come to airsoft for.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Switchback » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 pm

CommieHunter wrote:If he's taking reasonable precaution (i.e., using a compressor that doesn't load over 40-50 PSI), let it fly. When you host a game, you can ban this device. Or, you can not go if he's going to use it at games he's hosting.

I don't see how this device is any different than launching a nerf football from an M203. Those shells can be loaded with CO2 and power a nerf ball pretty fast and far.

+1
Yes. As long as the operator using the weapon is "highly trained" or at least has their head on a swivel and their wits about them, they should be able to use it.
However...

Jester316 wrote:I enjoy this sport, but I do not want to see someone get hurt.

+1
The risk of having a faulty gauge, the need for more range, or a host of other operational difficulties raises a huge liability for the event host, operator, and maybe even field owner. Need we be reminded?
Skip to ~6:00, if you please.

So the only way I could see this making it to an OP is if it is foolproof (because we exist), and if the operator is well trained or responsible. Also, informing all participants of its capabilities/effects (for M203 grenades and other launched or thrown projectiles as well) would most likely cut down on possibilities of injury.

Why must I agree with both of you, gentlemen?
Because I'm a suck up.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Russkie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 pm

CommieHunter wrote:
Jester316 wrote:What about at 10'? What about the guy who unknowingly walks infront of it right as you pull the trigger? What if someone walks into the flight path at 30' out? Saying it doesn't hurt at 100' doesn't mean anything.

There's a lot of possibilities out there if you guys would get off your little padded tethered high safety horse with a seatbelt. People play racquetball and tennis, and the balls there (especially racquetball) are hard and moving fast. No one complains about getting hit.

If he's taking reasonable precaution (i.e., using a compressor that doesn't load over 40-50 PSI), let it fly. When you host a game, you can ban this device. Or, you can not go if he's going to use it at games he's hosting.

I don't see how this device is any different than launching a nerf football from an M203. Those shells can be loaded with CO2 and power a nerf ball pretty fast and far.

If you had been around 10 years ago, you would've wanted people to use foam BBs and wear full face protection and groin protection. Criminy.

Thank you sir.

Also, I talked about the 100' sausage launch because I'm pretty sure it would hurt more than a close range shot with a foam rocket. I'm not saying that these rockets should be used at people. It would be pointless to say the least since airsoft guns are way more accurate anyway. I'm just saying that if it so happened that someone got shot with it by accident, nothing would happen to that person.
Russkie
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Mtgriz » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:56 am

@Switchback- you can't legislate the stupid out of life. California has been trying for years, and you see how upsidedown up they are.

Never underestimate the stupidty of a man. He will find a way to suprise you.
Mtgriz
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sixxgun » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Back on Subject here is what I've been tinkering with

Sixxgun
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Sir Stubby Eyre » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 pm

We just got this sniper rifle from DJ.
I did a new paint job on it and it is ready for field testing.

Soon I will have some time to work on the Gatling Gun, when finished I will post photos.
Sir Stubby Eyre
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Regular Guy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Home made blood type patch

You Fancy Huh?!
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:05 pm

What did you print those on?

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby John_234 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:04 pm

No pictures yet, but current plans involve getting some battle rattle together for OP East Wind next year.

Separately, we're working on a Carl Gustav M2 build. Instead of a sprinkler valve / expansion chamber design like the typical spud gun, I'm designing a burst-disc cartridge system fed by regulated CO2. The end result, should be a Carl Gustav with a fairly realistic venturi nozzle / latch system and shells that carry the burst disc + nerf rocket.

The shells will be either PVC or aluminum, depending on what holds up to operational pressure. The barrel will be PVC wrapped in sheet metal, mostly likely. The air supply hasn't been worked out completely, but I've considered a standard 20 oz CO2 canister under the barrel, as well as a 12 oz within the venturi nozzle.

The only hard part, really is finding an optical sight that's a decent approximation of that used on the Charlie Gusto. Might just go for any range-finding scope, worst come to worst.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Amos » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm

John_234 wrote:No pictures yet, but current plans involve getting some battle rattle together for OP East Wind next year.

Separately, we're working on a Carl Gustav M2 build. Instead of a sprinkler valve / expansion chamber design like the typical spud gun, I'm designing a burst-disc cartridge system fed by regulated CO2. The end result, should be a Carl Gustav with a fairly realistic venturi nozzle / latch system and shells that carry the burst disc + nerf rocket.

The shells will be either PVC or aluminum, depending on what holds up to operational pressure. The barrel will be PVC wrapped in sheet metal, mostly likely. The air supply hasn't been worked out completely, but I've considered a standard 20 oz CO2 canister under the barrel, as well as a 12 oz within the venturi nozzle.

The only hard part, really is finding an optical sight that's a decent approximation of that used on the Charlie Gusto. Might just go for any range-finding scope, worst come to worst.

I was actually hoping to start a Carl Gustav project in the future. I'll wait and see what yours looks like, though. :P
"We are going to find their pole. Then we are going to smoke it. We are going to smoke their pole." -Summers
Amos
Specops
Specops

Team: APST

Postby John_234 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:25 pm

Don't be too excited, it'll be a novice project at best, though I hope it will be very unique functionally.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”- Albert Einstein
John_234
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Regular Guy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Jester316 wrote:What did you print those on?

I have an old Hp psc 750 for printer and found a stack of 4x6 Canon Photo paper to print. Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 for editing (size is 3.75 x 2).

I was about to throw the photo paper away but found a good use for it.

Not too shabby.
You Fancy Huh?!
Regular Guy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Technicality » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Since my last post here, I had done more work on my King Arms GBBR's bolt. I ended up breaking the stock loading nozzle locking plate, rendering the gun inoperable. Worked some more on it today. The fail of last time has been partially overcome. The gun actually fires now.

With the stock plastic loading nozzle crippled, my only option was to find out why the Iron brand Aluminum loading nozzle wouldn't work in my gun. The bolt fit in the gun, and could be cycled, locked back, and released by hand. But as soon as I fired one round through it the bolt would jam about halfway forward.

At first I thought it was the locking plate, because the back end of it sticks out past the bolt carrier and could get stuck against the receiver. I used a nail file to file down several areas in order to make it flush with the bolt carrier.

Even after that the bolt was still sticking. I opened up the gun and pulled the bolt back to the position where it jams. I noticed that the bottom of the loading nozzle was aligned with part of the trigger mechanism. I compared the aftermarket bolt to the stock one and confirmed that it extends down farther. Sanded it down a little with some 400 grit sandpaper and cleaned up the front edge. Washed, re-lubed, put everything back together, worked like a charm.

It feels like it's shooting a little hot. Next time I'm going to try again to make the RA-Tech NPAS fit into the Iron loading nozzle. All this could have been avoided if I had stuck with RA-Tech parts.

Edit: Got the NPAS installed in the loading nozzle. Relieved that all that filing, drilling, and sanding paid off.

There's a feeling of accomplishment in taking parts that weren't made to fit together and making them not only fit together, but function.

Some electrical tape inside my MOE pistol grip to keep my NPAS adjustment tool in place. There's a small piece of tape face-to-face with the larger piece of tape to allow the tool to slide in and out as needed. When the cover is on, the tool has no room to move and stays securely in place.
I'm a "fair weather" airsofter. I only play in the pouring rain, freezing cold, or broiling heat.
Mr. Technicality
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Projects