replica MK.19

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Postby DJ » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm

There is some serious machine work in that beast. Not for the novice kit builder......I like.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
DJ
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby ScaredShooter » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Nasty wrote:It's pretty cool, but serves no practical purpose in airsoft.

Haloeclipse wrote:That's awesome even if it isn't the most practical

Lots of awesome things in airsoft aren’t that practical.

Gas pistols are a great example. So are M240s and full milsim gear kits.

Seems like a cool find, thanks for sharing.
Last edited by ScaredShooter on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Jester316 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Amos wrote:I'd rather get hit in the head with a nerf football than a bolt action. But that's just me. :|

Well, yea, bolt actions are heavy and made of plastic/metal...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Switchback » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Jester316 wrote:
Amos wrote:I'd rather get hit in the head with a nerf football than a bolt action. But that's just me. :|

Well, yea, bolt actions are heavy and made of plastic/metal...

Sir; Thou hast made me lol.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby TheShadow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:00 pm

DJ wrote:There is some serious machine work in that beast. Not for the novice kit builder......I like.
Thats for sure! I would love to get a closer look see how it works. It would be cool to build one that uses the replica m203 grenades and an electric motor but each grenade costs from 60 to 100 bucks so ammo would be through the roof.
TheShadow
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Legendz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Nasty wrote:
ScaredShooter wrote:Gas pistols are a great example. So are M240s and full milsim gear kits.

Very debatable.

Agreed. I've used gas pistols to great effect many times. You just have to know to use them. Same with m240s and milsim gear kits. The gear kit may be impractical for your everyday skirmish, but for milsim?...hence why it's called a milsim loadout...
Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
Legendz
Grunt
Grunt

Team: S.T.R

Postby TheShadow » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:57 pm

ScaredShooter wrote:

I would have to agree with the statement that there not practical for skirmish use. If you look at the average guy with an m4 they are either using a High cap that carries about 500 bbs depending on the brand or mid caps that carry about 100 bbs. Now let’s compare to the real steel counter parts. An M4 mag can carry 30 rounds but most marines including myself only loaded 25 rounds to keep from destroying the spring prematurely. A M240 or M249 belt comes in links of 200 rounds. If you look at it everyone is essentially running around as light machine gunners not rifleman. You also have to look at the range differences between 5.56 and the 7.62 round the 240 uses. An m4 and m249 has an effective range of about 800 meters were as the M240 has an effective range of about 1000 meters.
TheShadow
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Legendz » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:17 am

TheShadow wrote:
ScaredShooter wrote:

I would have to agree with the statement that there not practical for skirmish use. If you look at the average guy with an m4 they are either using a High cap that carries about 500 bbs depending on the brand or mid caps that carry about 100 bbs. Now let’s compare to the real steel counter parts. An M4 mag can carry 30 rounds but most marines including myself only loaded 25 rounds to keep from destroying the spring prematurely. A M240 or M249 belt comes in links of 200 rounds. If you look at it everyone is essentially running around as light machine gunners not rifleman. You also have to look at the range differences between 5.56 and the 7.62 round the 240 uses. An m4 and m249 has an effective range of about 800 meters were as the M240 has an effective range of about 1000 meters.

True. But, an airsoft saw is definitely different than an airsoft m4. My team runs an m60, and when that beast lights, peoples heads go down and don't come back up. The rof, the auto winding box mag for basically unlimited firepower, and the constant sound of shooting, that alone is enough to change the flow of a game, let alone the hail of plastic it's sending at your enemies. I'm not sure if he was referring to just m240s or saws in general, but I know from experience that when used properly, a saw can make a huge difference.
Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
Legendz
Grunt
Grunt

Team: S.T.R

Postby Transition » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:49 am

Why do people always go off topic to the high cap debate? Its pointless to go on about the difference on rs versions etc, as I'm sitting typing this behind a rs 240 and 800 rounds of ammo. Bbs unlike bullets don't go thru grass, twigs, so u tend to need more of them.
Transition
Ranger
Ranger

Postby VogonFord » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:35 am

That is pretty fuckin' sweet. I'd rather have an AGS-30, but that's just me being a comblock weapons whore. Now I really want to make a AGS-30...
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby TheShadow » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Legendz wrote:
TheShadow wrote:
ScaredShooter wrote:

True. But, an airsoft saw is definitely different than an airsoft m4. My team runs an m60, and when that beast lights, peoples heads go down and don't come back up. The rof, the auto winding box mag for basically unlimited firepower, and the constant sound of shooting, that alone is enough to change the flow of a game, let alone the hail of plastic it's sending at your enemies. I'm not sure if he was referring to just m240s or saws in general, but I know from experience that when used properly, a saw can make a huge difference.
That is true but for someone who wants to take on the role of a medium machine gunner like the M240 or M60 it is simply not practical because they are big and bulky and don’t give you an added range over the M249 or M4. I guess what I was trying to point out is you could change the rules to allow people with M240 or other similar crew served systems to become a valuable asset. Say by allowing them to fire at a higher fps and limiting the amount of rounds rifleman can have per mag.
TheShadow
Grunt
Grunt

Postby weasle8877 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:21 pm

A QLZ-87 would be a little more practical and awesome if it could be operates semi auto and mag fed.
weasle8877
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Custom Projects