KWA SR10 compatible with Magpul PTS UBR & MOE pistol grip?

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

KWA SR10 compatible with Magpul PTS UBR & MOE pistol grip?

Postby MAB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Just have a few questions. Does the Magpul PTS UBR stock work with the KWA SR10? No modding involved to fit a Lipo? Also does the Magpul PTS MOE pistol grip work with the SR10? If the UBR does work what would be the best Lipo to get? Preferably a high mAh to last full days. Ive heard this one works http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=10061 but its out of stock everywhere. Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance
MAB
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: KWA SR10 compatible with Magpul PTS UBR & MOE pistol gri

Postby CommieHunter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:20 pm

The UBR stock will fit the SR10, but it may take some modification.

A) the wiring on the KWA is unique and will need to be modified to work with the UBR.

B) You may also have to cut down the buffer tube mount extension, since the UBR may need a shorter mount.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby wurger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 pm

The thick, coiled wiring in the SR-10 may give you problems with a UBR. There is more room inside the KWA Crane stock for the wiring and battery then there is inside the PTS UBR buffer tube. You may have fit issues.

A legit PTS UBR will come with a buffer tube to fit the stock. Mods will be required to fit the SR-10.

For the battery, I use the "candy bar" 11.1 Kong lipo that KWA sells in my SR-10.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MAB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 pm

wurger wrote:The thick, coiled wiring in the SR-10 may give you problems with a UBR. There is more room inside the KWA Crane stock for the wiring and battery then there is inside the PTS UBR buffer tube. You may have fit issues.

A legit PTS UBR will come with a buffer tube to fit the stock. Mods will be required to fit the SR-10.

For the battery, I use the "candy bar" 11.1 Kong lipo that KWA sells in my SR-10.

Hmmm yeah the wire coil was sorta what I was skeptical about but it sound like there is alot more that comes into play to make it work, dont really want to mod anything, not really my fortay lol : P. Can you send me a link for that lipo, was looking at getting a lipo whether or not the UBR worked. How is it with the SR10?
MAB
Grunt
Grunt

Postby wurger » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:00 pm

The KWA ProShop doesn't seem to have the Kong Power batteries anymore. This is what they have now that is similar:

http://store.kwausa.com/bol3celllipobrick.aspx

The KP I have now works fine in the SR-10. I typically shoot around 500ish BBs per game when I'm running an M4 type AEG. The battery runs strong for my typical use in that scenario.

I ran the same battery in my E1 RPK with a drum mag in a support role at my last game. The battery lasted about 3 hours in that scenario, but I also shot about 2400 BBs before the battery gave it up.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raging Hormann » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm

PTS UBR stocks come made for AEGs. Their "Buffer tube" has the same type of slots that other airsoft buffer tubes have and they come with the mounty bits. The "buffer tube" part of it looks big enough to fit a lipo and a mosfet, should you wish to do so.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Return to Custom Projects