Polar star Pr-15 Questions

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Polar star Pr-15 Questions

Postby MagpulOnMyM4 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 pm

I was looking into getting a polar star pr-15. The gun looks amazing although I have a few questions.

1.I was looking into the redline air rig setups and I was wondering weather it had a regulator and stabilizer, and whether I needed to get a tournament lock to keep the psi at 120.

2.I was also wondering if it was legal for use at sniperzden and other airsoft fields in Oregon. I know that some fields don't accept classic airsoft guns that use HPA.
MagpulOnMyM4
Grunt
Grunt

Team: WAC

Re: Polar star Pr-15 Questions

Postby drpepper475 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:32 pm

ya i wouldnt bother R&R is close to if they havent already banned it. not sure about sniperzden but it seem that they were moving in that direction. i see a lot of events have banned it too.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Team: N/A

Postby Darius137 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:19 am

The Polarstars are only getting more popular. They are a new concept to Airsoft, but old to paintball, so more professional fields won't be bannin them any time soon, as there are a lot of easy ways to admin them.

The pros: everything is adjustable, accurately reliable shooting, and the maintenance, upgradability and reliability are top notch.

The cons: bleeding edge technology for airsofters so it is feared and admired but might have a few hiccups as far as fields. Mainly though the only cons are that they are constantly sold out because of how popular they are elsewhere, and the priceinitially.

I plan on making a more in depth post about them in the coming weeks.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby McNair » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 am

drpepper475 wrote:ya i wouldnt bother R&R is close to if they havent already banned it. not sure about sniperzden but it seem that they were moving in that direction. i see a lot of events have banned it too.

R&R hasn't banned it and I've not heard Tim say anything of the sort. People who hosted a game there opted to have it not allowed, as game hosts have the right to do.
Right now there are two groups of game hosts that haven't allowed it. There has been no ban on it at any fields as there hasn't been any direct problem with it at any field.
Please don't post BS info because you half assed read some stuff in the past.
McNair

Postby Evil Zergling137 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:21 am

The redline air rig setups would work great. Come out to R&R this weekend if you want to take a look at the system. The current best practice is to chrono with the BBs you would use on the field plus put some tape over the regulator adjustment so it can't be modified. There are a ton more of these on the east coast so the rules out there are more developed and everyone will hopefully just be copying what they come up with.
Evil Zergling137
Soldier
Soldier

Postby code789 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 am

It would be dependent on the event host to allow them or not.
Most insurance and safety rules only cover fps
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby wurger » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:51 pm

One way to counter uninformed P* fear is to install a fixed psi secondary regulator.

And before you buy an air rig online, make a trip to a good paintball dealer. You will have a lot more options for your rig.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby pulsipher » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 am

wurger wrote:One way to counter uninformed P* fear is to install a fixed psi secondary regulator.

And before you buy an air rig online, make a trip to a good paintball dealer. You will have a lot more options for your rig.

second that.

I took my rig for my DG m249 in to a paintball shop and was informed I could have gotten the same thing for half what I paid

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Evil Zergling137 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:20 pm

Layer some tape over it then sign it. Some team hosted games just don't have the organization to be willing to deal with it though.

I think competitive air rigs should be around the ~$150 mark. Say $90 for the main regulator, $10 for a gauge then the rest on all the hookups + profit.
Evil Zergling137
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MagpulOnMyM4 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 am

thanks for the help guys. This has helped a lot in my decision making. I think I might purchase it tomorrow and bring it to summer slaughter 3.
MagpulOnMyM4
Grunt
Grunt

Team: WAC

Return to Custom Projects