Interested in an upgraded KWA SR-12?

Discuss your own custom works and projects here.

Interested in an upgraded KWA SR-12?

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Is there any interest in a KWA SR-12 2GX with a few upgrades in it? I wanted to check here before entering an actual classified. I guy I know (sketchy, right?) is selling a custom one for about $500, and having no luck.

I'm not sure on the totality of the upgrades, but I know it shoots ~420 fps at ~25 bps, with an accurate range of ~200 feet. It has some nice furniture and more than one mag. The owner was shooting for a DMR build when he decided he liked full auto more than semi, so he bought a new gun.

He is sort of an Airsoft engineer, so there may be a few after market parts in it that are home made or (professionally) jerry rigged.

An add would contain the complete rundown and specs, but I just wanted to check here with a rough performance estimate to see what people think.

So Are you interested? Any tips to get this thing to sell?

I'd be happy to find out the answers to any questions, if I don't know them already.

"The Last Thing You Never See"
Birds of Prey: squad assault sniper
B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Re: Interested in an upgraded KWA SR-12?

Postby code789 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm

as a buyer if i look at something used this is what i feel:
few after market parts in it that are home made or (professionally) jerry rigged.

unless its like home made CNC parts just this alone is probably gonna cut the original price in half

upgrades/extra mags and accessories are more of an accelerant to sell the gun rather than an excuse to jack up the prices, unless you threw in the upgrades right when you took the gun out of the box, the gun has never been fired, and you are a well known airsmith in the community you probably do not want to pass the base gun price itself.

selling used AEG is like selling used cars,adding parts the to the product won't make the price go past kelley blue book (unless you add a stereo system that cost more than the car) you will still lose a bit of money in the end unless you have something that someone desperately wants.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I know there is more than $600 worth of parts in the gun, aside from the cost of the gun itself. Everything he put in it is top-notch, and the thing fires like a beast.

He has a metal shop with a CNC machine, and a little rubber-cutting machine that he used to make a perfect r-hop for his newer M4. He trusts his parts more than actual parts, and I've never seen any of his things not work well. I actually have one of his CNCd piston heads in my G36 and it works like a charm. He "invented" a new M4 hop-up unit that is still in the works, which uses 3 hop-up arms and a REAPS or flat bucking. His M4 shoots upwards of 250ft, and that's conservative. It out-ranges any AEG I've ever seen...

He really doesn't have any rep, however, and I see how that could be a problem. I don't even know for sure if he put any of his parts in this gun, but I'll find out later.

Would it help to post a performance test video with the ad? (I think that's always a yes...)

Also, we have access to a distributor and could get a brand name for his parts. Would that help?

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Deathlycobra » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Why didn't you make this a classified, and just mention in the said ad that you are just "testing the waters" (aka see if anyone had interest in it)? That is what you would TYPICALLY do.
Deathlycobra
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby B.O.P. Hawk » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 am

Because I don't have all of the information I need yet or pictures. I want to make a complete ad the first time.

B.O.P. Hawk
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cyclops » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am

I bought an SR12 (same gun) with a few upgrades with scope, extra mags, 2 batteries and a sling for only $250 (Looks brand new little wear) 6 months ago. I wouldn't even look at a used one for $500 with extras. With little info you gave on upgrades with no pictures I can assume it's in decent shape and could possibly see you get $350 at the most from all the adds I look at since you can get a brand new one for what $400.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Return to Custom Projects