Action Hero Costume Contest 2009 WINNERS!

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Postby Harry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Derpie derp derp. Derka derka.
Harry
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby VogonFord » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Just. Shut. Up.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby CommieHunter » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Precious, Rabbit, Wallied, you guys really should enter again next year. Participation from outside will increase the amount of other excellent costume submissions, so you'll be in a larger pool every year, so long as we let it grow.

Everyone else, we better see 5 pages + of submissions next year, instead of 2 and a half.

Also, congrats to the winners.
Also, congrats to the runners up.

Also, awesome.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Nocte » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Harry wrote:Matt- so you admit you never even gave war gumby a chance. It was a joke to you. From reading these posts it is clear in order to win it has nothing to do with the costume, just how much the judges like the source. *CLAYMATION LOVERS NEED NOT APPLY

LOL. I'm laughing at you more if you actually believe your own bullshit.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Harry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:16 pm

I use quarters to wipe my a$$.
Harry
Grunt
Grunt

Postby McNair » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:51 pm

Harry - The community voted first, where was gumby in the communities' vote? stop blaming the judges and stop being a little phony pony. jesus.
McNair

Postby Harry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:01 pm

mcnair- I don't get all the hate when I feel I am bringing up some valid points. I'm actually a nice guy. I would just like to see the judging be more fair to reflect the criteria stated.
Harry
Grunt
Grunt

Postby DMitri » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:03 pm

The only point you've made is that you cry and pout like a 4-year old when you don't get your way.

Read this again. Or for the first time if you ignored it previously.

If you want to win something so badly go put a quarter in a candy machine and shut the shazaam up.
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Harry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:10 pm

DMitri- Have you read the gripes thread? it's full of people not wanting foreigners to win or cosplayers. Matt and Nocte and other judges openly stated they hate anime. Judges stating they don't want to look costumes up. So if costumes have to be known by the judges or they won't get voted for, and the judges are partial to certain types of costumes. That should be stated in the rules, or change the rules so it is more impartial. Matt said he didn't consider Gumby a serious contender. Hard work was put in that costume. I would just like to see a more impartial judging panel or better criteria for the contest. that is my point
Harry
Grunt
Grunt

Postby DMitri » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:23 pm

I would just like to see a more impartial judging panel or better criteria for the contest. that is my point

Then make your own website, build your own community, and run your own contest.

Show me where in the "Rules of Life" a contest, made in the spirit of something fun to do, and therefore, free to enter, needs to be completely impartial.

This isn't a claymation-appreciation website, this isn't a anime website, and frankly why you haven't been laughed out of here for simply admitting to watching anime is beyond me, but oh well.

The only people who would EVER have a right to complain about the outcomes would be the sponsors who provided the prizes. Are you a sponsor? No? Then again, kindly shut the shazaam up and move on. Pretend you did win and never post here again.
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Precious » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Sleepy wrote:Precious, one word: Domino.

Haha, well there's no way I'd get my hair into a wig that short. The movie wasn't that great either, imo anyways. I don't need suggestions guys; I make costumes of things I like, and if one of them happens to have an airsoft gun incorporated, then I'll enter it.

Nocte- I was referring to the fact that it seemed like no one knew who HUNK was, ironically from the same game series as last year's winner.
Precious
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Harry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Ooh Eeh ooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang.
Last edited by Harry on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Grunt
Grunt

Postby DMitri » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:32 pm

I just did a search for "vietnam*" from authors named "Harry" and that last post is the only one that showed up. Your argument, like every other one, is thin.

Go away.
DMitri
Banned
Banned

Postby Harry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:35 pm

someone made fun of my ethnic name Dong. like it is a joke.
Harry
Grunt
Grunt

Postby McNair » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Harry - Your complaint lacks any validity. The top three winners were the people the community themselves voted into the top three. The judges just decided from there. So had gumby been in the top three or even the top 10, then I can see why you're bitching. But the costume wasn't. So how is it the judges' fault that it didn't win if the WHOLE COMMUNITY didn't even vote it up into the top 10?
McNair

PreviousNext

Return to Airsoft News