Airsoft Pacific Website 2020

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Airsoft Pacific Website 2020

Postby Airsoft Pacific » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Happy Holidays to all our airsofters in the PNW & across the world!

Our team at Airsoft Pacific are currently working on our website & value your feedback.

:arrow: What do you use the site for?
    :arrow: What do you like or want to see on the site?
    :arrow: What do you wish could be different or improved on?
    :arrow: What would you like to see more of for local airsoft in 2020?
    :arrow: Any ideas to help grow our community online & in the real world?

:D Please leave a reply so we can keep AP.com up to date with the community :D

Thanks, folks! Stay tuned for more news about awesome games coming up in 2020. See you on the field

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Airsoft Pacific
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft Pacific Website 2020

Postby Norseman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:58 am

A) Supporting the best Airsoft forum on the planet. I hate FB.
B) More content.
C) More participation.
B&C) Maybe If the website gets some exclusive content not shown on your FB page?
D) I would like to see more contact between different groups like days of old.
E) We need more diversity in Airsoft. The blue AR team vs red AK team is getting long in tooth. It’s also getting paintbally. We are losing the immersive aspect of our hobby. We can have immersion AND diversity in Airsoft. (I.e. Old west, Sci Fi, Post Apocalyptic, WW1, WW2, Nam, etc.) Game mechanics as well need refreshing. Cool props and missions. Not always capture the flag.
F) Make Airsoft Cool Again!
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Tankwitch » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:07 pm

I mostly just lurk on AP. But I would like to see games in more places across Oregon. I know most airsofters in Oregon come from Portland. But we need some love in other parts of the state.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sgt Pugg » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:03 pm

I would like to see a Recruiting Section. So new folks like myself know what teams or group are recruiting at this time. That way a new person doesn't have to sound like a beggar looking to join a team.
Sgt Pugg
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:11 pm

Thanks for the great feedback, folks! We'll talk about these ideas at our next meeting :D

Anyone else want to pitch in? We're listening..... heheheeee
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Braddock » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:32 am

Norseman wrote:A) Supporting the best Airsoft forum on the planet. I hate FB.
B) More content.
C) More participation.
B&C) Maybe If the website gets some exclusive content not shown on your FB page?
D) I would like to see more contact between different groups like days of old.
E) We need more diversity in Airsoft. The blue AR team vs red AK team is getting long in tooth. It’s also getting paintbally. We are losing the immersive aspect of our hobby. We can have immersion AND diversity in Airsoft. (I.e. Old west, Sci Fi, Post Apocalyptic, WW1, WW2, Nam, etc.) Game mechanics as well need refreshing. Cool props and missions. Not always capture the flag.
F) Make Airsoft Cool Again!

Wade, airsoft isnt cool anymore because we dont play anymore :)
We had to grow up and be adults, no time for that kinda fun anymore. plus I am fat and out of shape now.
Braddock

Postby Norseman » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:28 pm

(Spell police won’t let me say yer name), you should round up APST and come out! Hell we are all old and fat!

I’ve started my airsoft field back up too...

The kids are gone, I’m an empty nester, gotta do something! ;)
Norseman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: SDD

Postby Hamster » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:22 am

I come here to remember the times when Airsoft was fun and I didn't work in the industry in various places.

Evike.com best softair retailer 2020 rip AONW 2005 - 2017

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Rentax » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:54 am

What do you use the site for?
Airsoft related chat, and sending kids the link who will probably never click it.

What do you like or want to see on the site?
content, content, content... I know ironic coming from me, since i lurk and don't post much, but maybe this will be the year I start my airsoft blog, and we can chat about putting that content on here.

What do you wish could be different or improved on?
I'd like to see more team related stuff. Especially a revamp of the team database as it's very out dated.
(even if that revamp is a wipe and a reset and teams have to sign up again.)
One of the continually asked questions I've seen, is "how do I find and airsoft/milsim team" And if AP had an active and acurate team database that could greatly help draw new players into the site, AP.com here is a list of teams and ways to contact them. Once they are here maybe they will look around and stay a while.
I'd also like to see a Closed Team leaders forum so players in leadership roles in the community could have a place to discuss issues, ask questions, talk about rule sets etc. (Without airing the skeletons as it were.)
Also possibly a closed event hosts section of the forums for the same purpose, talk about rule sets, field use ideas, event ideas, and get some fellow hosts feedback without publicizing it.

What would you like to see more of for local airsoft in 2020?
More local airsoft in general, especially milsim and milsiml light events, try and get the draw back up.

Any ideas to help grow our community online & in the real world?
Yeah... If we knew how to do this you wouldn't be asking, AMIRIGHT!?!

PS Braddock, you USED to be fat and out of shape... so what's changed?
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Cyclops » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:49 am

I pop on here from time to time to see what events are going on or see whats up for sale.
To be honest you need more team based interaction. Find what teams are playing here or there and maybe have them post something funny like we (FOAD) and Specdet1 use to do back in the day. Maybe interview them to learn basics of what the team is all about and if they are recruiting or planning on out of state trips. Seems like these days it is just about one or two people and nothing else. Branch out guys. For games it might be fun in just having a video or the property and the game op scenario. Maybe if there is two captains they be in the video or something. Gotta do something different to bring players in. If you make it fun and about others you might get more interest.
I hate the FB groups due to so many. But would be nice if you can just go to one site and find local players talking and interacting with one another. Right now there isn't much and nothing real interesting being posted. Start small and let it grow. Reach out to other teams and do something with them.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:57 pm

Awesome ideas :badgrin: We have a meeting with a branding consultant this week & will take your thoughts with us.

Anyone else wanna pitch in?
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tian Nam » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Been airsofting in Utah while living here going to school. Very different style out here compared to what I grew up with on Airsoft Pacific (2006-2011). Everyone pretty much uses Facebook groups. There are a lot of players but not really one central place people plan events/games. So you will get a lot of smaller games all over the place and people planning games on the same day. I never remember that happening on AP. Also, games are very... not as professional. Lax chrono check, briefing, punctuality, etc. Still awesome airsoft, just different from what I was use to.

Planning on graduating in April and moving back to Camas right afterwards.

Hoping to get to at least one good game a month! I Feel like I got to grow up during the glory days of Airsoft in the Portland area, and can't wait to get back into it.

Would love to see 1-2 games a month with good attendance, activity on the forums, etc.
Maybe make a bigger presence on Facebook & Instagram. That works really well with other Airsoft communities I am a part of. More people see their friends posting pictures at games/etc, and it sparks their interest. Can share events to your feed easily and have it shown to thousands of friends. I've had several of my friends introduced to airsoft that way and now they're hooked.

See y'all in a few. I'd be shocked if anyone remembers me haha.
Tian Nam
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Variable » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:07 pm

What do you use the site for?
Finding out about games. Showing off my awesome gear collection, if I had one.

What do you like or want to see on the site?
Little more activity, but that's the question eh.

What do you wish could be different or improved on?
Perhaps modernize the site to use a third party federation login, to simplify people registering to participate. Not sure if that would actually boost participation though. *shrug*

What would you like to see more of for local airsoft in 2020?
Players vs Actors/Dedicated OpFor events. Those use to be sooo cool. It helps the sportsmanship aspect when your OpFor isn't worried about "winning".

Any ideas to help grow our community online & in the real world?
Make up flyers, get permission from R&R, Action Acres, The Swamp, Sniperz Den to hand them out at events. Then give people a reason to stay here and participate on the site.
Variable

Team: APST

Return to Airsoft News