Here we go again...

Read and comment on recent Airsoft News happenings. Also found on the main page of the website.

Here we go again...

Postby Grounded » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:49 pm

We all have seen it and possibly been part of one. You know what I am talking about...true scenario based playing. We all been part of it, hell, even planned a few events. Every one from The Swamp, WarSport NW to even yours truly has helped in planning and trying to organize events for the masses. While most events were fun, there were some that was just a complete flop and turned into just BBWars to which no surprise it turns to be total organized clusterfuck. But where those lack, some might pickup the pieces and make it something.

I am referring to AIRSOC.

While very little is known about it or what it is, this in its entirety may be the only sole piece of article you may find that talks about it. While very little is know about it, i will tell you roughly 7 to 9 years ago when AP was supreme, true scenario based training/playing was thriving quite well, open to everyone a lot of people got their start from that time. Buldings, open arenas and true CQB or CQC shit was happening. Some how as the years progressed, people started to leave, grow out of the sport and frankly lost interest along with that; so did that type of gameplay.

However...

This re-introduction of AIRSOC is the opposite, like...alot. Its all 18+, invite only, closed game groups to the "who you know' inner community that you get brought in from the inside. Fully indoctrinated, rostered and numbered. Interesting right? Exclusive? Yea, isn't all good things are anyway?
This maybe the thing turn to turn the sport around, I remain hopeful because as we all know, even Idaho has a bigger airsoft scene than us and we even have more airsoft stores than they do. Just saying (Love you Idaho- Combat Sport Supply..great store! 8) )

That being said, we could use some high speed grown up competitive challenges. Will the theme stand the test of time? Will people come to support it? Better yet...will you as the reader be invited and be part of this type of gameplay. As mentioned in a discussion with one of the organizers, this is based on the individuals participation and desire to be involved. We have a strong lack of to be involved where people come and go. Very few of us stay and remain committed, sure life and work happens but we know we all come to a community that we love and know. This is the reason why I love Airsoft Pacific as a member when I was new to the game and now as one of the owners.

inclosing, its 2021 now, its about time to change the game. Changes starts with you.

Stay Frosty,
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: Here we go again...

Postby Geschutz » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:51 pm

It has been 9 years since I have slung plastic death. I missed the old objective based games we played back in ‘05 - ‘10

Seeing this posted on Facebook made me come back here and reactivate my account. Perhaps I may get some new gear and deal death once again.
Have you ever been so far even as decided to use go want to look more like? - Mini Marine
Geschutz
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Seagreen » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:37 pm

So, most of y'all don't know me....but we have decided to make a run with the AIRSOC community again. This isn't a shot over AP's bow....or anyone's bow. It is just a very dedicated plan of action.

1. Produce skill focused competitions to a dedicated member base. These individuals must be vetted in by an existing member. This is an 18+ event group. The liabilities and the focus isn't bbwarz. It is a simulation. Nothing against the highly motivated players under than age.

2. You get to "live the movie", test your skills as a squad, and as an individual, however; being a on a team isn't necessary. You get invited in, the community will generate a squad for you just by the training events hosted. This is NOT slinging BB's in the forest in force on force. This is scenario only training events and competitions

3. Gear and stuff....impression level at competitions....IDGAF at training events. That's when you figure out what works and doesn't. You do you.

3. Have fun. Play it real. Learn something. We are currently building the cadre to support events. If you have skillsets and are willing to get involved contact any AIRSOC member. They'll get you hooked into the FB group...and we will move from there.

Anyway, that's my juice. If you want to be involved. Contact JD. If you don't, that's cool too. Our island isn't for everyone.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Disfunctional » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:31 pm

Will there be any airsoc's at the civil war? Thanks, I would love to be apart of this community. ;)
DiSfUnCtIoNaL(;
Disfunctional
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Grounded » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:00 am

The man with the plan!
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Variable » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:23 am

I'm in it to win it. Some of the best events "back in the day" were the scenario based Player teams vs Actors events. Less about who has the highest RPS gat and more about teamwork and skills.
I don't know if I'll be able to muster a team for this, but if I can't you can bet I'll volunteer as an actor because I have the experience and I want to see this kind of awesome event come back to the PNW!
Variable

Team: APST

Postby Ash » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:51 am

Sounds awesome just the thing to pull me out of retirement. I am sure Tim and I could pull some people together to do a team, if not I am definitely down for opfor/actor as well.

"Jesus wept and it's no wonder why"
Ash
Specops
Specops

Team: SOTA

Postby Seagreen » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:56 am

The intent is to utilize the community itself to fill in the squad ranks. People can band together and form their squads for training events and competitions, but a person doesn't necessarily have to be on a specific team to participate in any given event. They will be added to an open slot on existing squads to fill the role.

At this time, we will be utilizing 4 man teams x 2 to form a squad. Each member will have an unique identifier number (as you guys know) for their helmets/sleeve (depending on the event type) plus another member accounting number so we can identify the member in case of injury or being a cheesedick.

There are a lot of background logistics involved to make this process work. The upside is that for everyone involved, we will have some growing pains, but will effectively be running solely scenario train ups and competitions every time we meet up.

I've compiled a lot of information used in the past for rules. Veteran players who participated in the past events will have a working knowledge of these rules. Minor updates and modifications are being made to make the work with today's advanced gear and options.

The member handbook will be distributed at completion to the members via PDF. So, expect that in the not distant future.
"5 color Woodland....it's the new thing."
Seagreen

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:25 pm

I am interested. I missed all of these types of games when I started so it will be new to me.Looking forward to it.
Blue
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Braddock » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 am

This sounds interesting....
Braddock

Postby Rentax » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:25 pm

Braddock wrote:This sounds interesting....

I hear Bill was considering a height requirement... :lol:
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ThatGnomeGuy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:36 pm

This sounds like something I'd be very interested in doing. The other guy I've pulled into Airsoft with me is likely to be interested in this type of activity as well, and I know a third guy who may also be interested in this.
More info?
The NOOBest of NOOBs.
ThatGnomeGuy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Grounded » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Soon more data is being compiled and will be posting a update.
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Heretic » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Mr. Craft, please check your FB messages. No need to reply here.
Heretic
Specops
Specops

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:05 am

Rentax wrote:
Braddock wrote:This sounds interesting....

I hear Bill was considering a height requirement... :lol:

I'm glad there isn't a height limit. :lol:
Bigfoot

Return to Airsoft News