New to AP

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New to AP

Postby birel21 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey everyone I'm new to AP, I signed up a few days ago and already bought a few things off of the classifieds.

You guys have a really nice place to relax and meet people on here. I have been reading alot of posts about custom work and everyones gear.

I am an Operator in the US Army, I just got back from Afghanistan, if you want to know anymore all the info I will talk about is on my profile. Other than that stuff I run a group that teaches contractors and DACs some warfare skills before they get deployed.

I am a weapons painter, I can paint about anything. I always have something for sale (usually M4s) I do all of the paint for my unit, and I just started in the airsoft painting. This is my only community I offer painting to for now.

If anyone has any questions you can pm me. I will not answer questions about my job unless it is to clarify something on my profile. Also if anyone wants an opinion on what gear to buy or how to layout their kit for maximum effectiveness shoot me a pm.

Thanks for having me
“The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war.”
-- Chinese Proverb

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
--General George Patton
birel21
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby TOP » Mon May 16, 2011 2:53 pm

hehehe ahem.... let the rain begin!!

If you're going to go to war against a major enemy, go; knock the hell out of him fast, and go in there to kill him and get it over with.

Postby Switch » Mon May 16, 2011 2:56 pm

If you don't me asking, but why would you make I apearent that you are a operator in the US military. Most operators wouldn't make it known that they are one, on a public forums for airsoft. I'm in no way trying to hate on you at all, it's just werid to me. But hey thanks for joining the forums, I hope you find the website helpful for your interests in the hobby. Welcome!
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby TOP » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm

^^^ cuz we all wear black berets... :) ^^^^

If you're going to go to war against a major enemy, go; knock the hell out of him fast, and go in there to kill him and get it over with.

Re: New to AP

Postby thejerk211 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 pm

birel21 wrote:Hey everyone I'm new to AP, I signed up a few days ago and already bought a few things off of the classifieds.

You guys have a really nice place to relax and meet people on here. I have been reading alot of posts about custom work and everyones gear.

I am an Operator in the US Army, I just got back from Afghanistan, if you want to know anymore all the info I will talk about is on my profile. Other than that stuff I run a group that teaches contractors and DACs some warfare skills before they get deployed.

I am a weapons painter, I can paint about anything. I always have something for sale (usually M4s) I do all of the paint for my unit, and I just started in the airsoft painting. This is my only community I offer painting to for now.

If anyone has any questions you can pm me. I will not answer questions about my job unless it is to clarify something on my profile. Also if anyone wants an opinion on what gear to buy or how to layout their kit for maximum effectiveness shoot me a pm.

Thanks for having me

dude you have been called out. I don't want you to pm me any more and we do not have a deal. please do not mail me any thing and erase my address. I trust Steve he is a good guy and great soldier. so I'm not dealing with you for any trades. and I can't make you I don't have the power but I think you should stay off this site and stand down. and so you know you are committing a crime stolen glory is a crime and impersonating a non - commotion officer these are real crimes and can be punished by law.

P.S. I would heed this warning!
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Team: W1

Postby birel21 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:13 pm

So I shouldn't tell you what I do? but I have to wear my unit patches in public. Most people know what the sf patch is.

I started out as infantry, went air cav, got attached to an sf unit and did all my classes. Now I'm an operator, and instructor.

It's not like history is a secret.
-- Chinese Proverb

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
--General George Patton
birel21
Grunt
Grunt

Postby TOP » Mon May 16, 2011 3:18 pm

OK well if your going to keep at it.....

Your profile says your 21, so your telling me that in 3 years you went from basic INF, to Cav, then to Group? Sorry... ain't buying it

Postby Switch » Mon May 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Ok, well then welcome to AP man. Take care, and always wear your eye-pro 8)
P.S. but damn if I went through the military that fast. I would have a purple heart by now then.
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Grunt » Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Another thing that struck me as odd is that you classify yourself as a professional painter, but you dont know what the type of paint you use is when people asked, and replied with "Army issue"

At least from my experience with people who classify themselves as professionals, they tend to know the tools they use.
Damn oreo's....
Grunt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hoff » Mon May 16, 2011 3:27 pm

TOP wrote:OK well if your going to keep at it.....

Your profile says your 21, so your telling me that in 3 years you went from basic INF, to Cav, then to Group? Sorry... ain't buying it

He's so good, that they let him skip SFAS and the Q. ;)
Bringing Down the Hammer.
The forever n00b! (Getting tacticool)
Newly self-proclaimed Mossberg 500 trigger group assembly expert
Hoff

Postby thejerk211 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:28 pm

birel21 wrote:So I shouldn't tell you what I do? but I have to wear my unit patches in public. Most people know what the sf patch is.

I started out as infantry, went air cav, got attached to an sf unit and did all my classes. Now I'm an operator, and instructor.

It's not like history is a secret.
ok what is your rank just asking?
thejerk211
Soldier
Soldier

Team: W1

Postby KA-BAR » Mon May 16, 2011 3:34 pm

steve....could you run one of those on me.... i wanna know what the interweb knows about morgan garrett.....LOL
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby birel21 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

We get Painters Touch mfg Rustoleum through GSA. I like to keep my painting info to myself. Or else anyone could do it and I would stop making money, stop getting practice, and get sloppy with my work.

Black (1916830)
Khaki (1917830)
Earth Brown (1918830)
Deep Forest Green (1919830)
Army Green (1920830)

PS, I am a SPC to whoever said that I was impersonating an NCO.
-- Chinese Proverb

--General George Patton
birel21
Grunt
Grunt

Postby birel21 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Hoff wrote:
TOP wrote:OK well if your going to keep at it.....

He's so good, that they let him skip SFAS and the Q. ;)

I am 21, joined on my 17th, went to INF a month later, airborne in contract, switched to air cav, worked with a team and decided to get see if i could get attached. I had lasic at 19, and I was disqualified from SFAS. But I could still be attached. I do some missions when a 110 is in play, and others when it is time to observe.
-- Chinese Proverb

--General George Patton
birel21
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Payback » Mon May 16, 2011 3:43 pm

I just don't get it, not at all. Not even 6 days old on AP forums and he's getting ran off (yes that is what's happening). I fully understand the points that if he is what he is, then he can prove it. But i haven't seen anything he's said or done yet, excessive bragging, putting foot in mouth, getting dates of service all fooked up, that deserves his service record to be called out so quickly.

I read through the older thread on the other topic and could see why that guy was called out, he seemed to have a history of foot in mouth syndrome, but this fella doesn't have the history of lies.

It just doesn't seem right to me, that in order to say you've served in the military on AP forums, that you have to scan in your service record, or clear it with whoever thinks they can verify it.

But i do understand that if you didn't serve, and say you did, that your a puke and should be ran off. But seems that the hunt is starting a little early is all. I just don't see why a vet should have to submit paperwork to a bunch of airsofters.

Now this is all from me, who wasn't able to serve, i tried but was disqualified, and failed to get 5 waivers accepted. Maybe i'm too laxed about these things and if i were a vet i would be more pissed when people claimed things up front without proof.

Maybe birel21 should just scan his ID or whatever is needed, to satisfy those who need satisfaction, then if that happens, i hope to see a long list of apologies for jumping to conclusions. If not, then i guess we are all free to speculate and light torches.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Next

Return to Introductions and Orientation