New here.

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New here.

Postby deathmechanic » Fri May 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Hey guys names Chris.

Ive recently learned of this forums existence so I decided to drop by. I don't know if anybody really knows me around here but I am on other boards.

I currently live in Davis California out in the country.

Been airsofting since oh lets see 6-7 years. Been teching stuff for about year and a half now.

Current replicas im running right now is just a CA M16 with a SR25 front end. The gearbox is in a overhaul moment right now to get 400 fps at 30~ bps.

I have a lot of experience with high ROF builds, and im about to do a M14 build with a m200 spring. Its just to see whats the highest FPS I can achieve and range. No it will not be used on a field or tested on anything living.

Plan on opening a store in a couple years hopefully.

Also anything I post is from personal experience. I have worked with lots of replicas.

Hoping to help people out around here.
deathmechanic
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Postby shakespeare » Fri May 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Greeting good sir, and welcome to AP.
I used to live next to Oakland, interesting country out there. I didn't know there was organized airsoft out there though.
How much do you play?
And it's always good to have another tech on board.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby deathmechanic » Fri May 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Thank you.

Try to play acleast once a week. Sadly the local airsoft group is kind of splitting up due to venues going out or raising prices. We do have some fields around but not a whole lot. Sacramento has a forum and they have free games they host. They are quite a drive though since they are in Marysville if I remember correctly.

It is annoying here though with all fields having a 400 fps full auto limit. I would really like acleast 450 with full auto with maybe a 100 MED. Such is life and its limitations though.

Do you happen to be one of the forum techs?
deathmechanic
Recruit
Recruit

Postby shakespeare » Fri May 20, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm not much of a tech really. I tinker around and can usually fix my own stuff, but I don't do it for others to make money because I'm not confident in my expertise :P
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby code789 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 pm

welcome to AP, i was born in Fresno 8)
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby deathmechanic » Fri May 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Wow did all you guys just decided it suck here and move up north haha?

Sadly im starting to get pretty deep into teching trying out new and old ideas and improving them. Trying to come up with a V2 GB thats robust while not being out of spec like KWAs horridly engineered GB (sorry if you own one).
deathmechanic
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Switch » Fri May 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Hello, and welcome! AP is the best!
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby shakespeare » Fri May 20, 2011 11:17 pm

I love my KWA XD
I've always thought it would be interesting to see a US designed and manufactured gun.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby deathmechanic » Fri May 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Thanks switch! We shall see about that. ;)

Sadly I think KWA is over priced and not worth it. Seeing how you can make a stock JG have a higher performance then a KWA with little work.
deathmechanic
Recruit
Recruit

Postby shakespeare » Fri May 20, 2011 11:38 pm

It's fair enough to say that. The main thing for me is how long my KWA has lasted in comparison to the other weapons I've had with very little work. My Echo 1 (which was a rebranded JG) broke externally the first few days out and cost me 70$ in new body parts, then broke again. The internals chugged along though.
My Classic Army M4's motor crapped out after a couple months.
MY G&G M16 worked well for a long time, but then had huge compression problems that took a lot of work every few weeks.
Those three I had before I did much work on my guns.
My KWA M4 cost about what a similar rifle would have from other high end manufacturers (CA, G&P, G&G) and has gone for more than a year without any major problems. I've had to put a new spring in and re lube it up, along with typical maintenance (lubing the barrel, cleaning externals, etc).
I generally would recommend KWA to newbies who are willing to pay for quality and don't want to work on their gun themselves, as the KWA customer service and repair service is really really good.
shakespeare
Specops
Specops

Postby deathmechanic » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 pm

KWA does have excellent quality control and they will last a couple year while using a 8.4v or a 9.6v with minimal maintence. They are fine don't get me wrong. I just can't leave internals stock. Since KWAs are off spec GB they just mean nothing to me anymore.
deathmechanic
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Limpy » Fri May 20, 2011 11:52 pm

deathmechanic wrote:Sadly I think KWA is over priced and not worth it. Seeing how you can make a stock JG have a higher performance then a KWA with little work.

Truer words are seldom spoken.
2010's Most Improved Player
------
(20:31:51) ChatBot: Amos leaves the channel.
Limpy
Specops
Specops

Postby Switchback » Sat May 21, 2011 8:40 pm

deathmechanic wrote:KWA does have excellent quality control and they will last a couple year while using a 8.4v or a 9.6v with minimal maintence. They are fine don't get me wrong. I just can't leave internals stock. Since KWAs are off spec GB they just mean nothing to me anymore.

I've been barking up this tree for years :P.

Welcome to AP, Sir.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Return to Introductions and Orientation