E. Vancouver father and son looking to practice locally.

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Postby Tombstone » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Boots, water, and eye-pro=Good to go.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby Sir Stubby Eyre » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 pm

makaluch wrote:Awesome! I appreciate the courtesy Sir Stubby. My son is super excited to be invited. However, I need to get myself a replica and both of us some gear...rated glasses and some BDUs at the very least. I'll take him out to do SOMETHING airsoft this weekend though. Maybe spectating and meeting a few of you guys at the event will be good enough for him? Doubt it... I'll probably just bring him out to the arena out past Beaverton :)

Our vendor has mesh goggles for $15.00 and safety glasses for $10.00.
As far a camo goes he can just wear civilian cloths and have tape markers on his arms to tell what side he is on. Usually some people have extra guns that they can loan out to you so that you can play.
That way you guys can get some time in and get to know some of the players.

Thanks
Sir Stubby Eyre
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: N/A

Postby Rentax » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 am

SOTA is a Vancouver based team. We have pretty regular practices every month and are usually willing to work with a wide variety of players, ages, and backgrounds. (especially if you are going to be accompanying your son) Our outdoor practices are held at various fields in the Vancouver/Portland area, and indoor practices are held at Oregon Airsoft Arena (out in Hillsborough).
I would recommend contacting ASH here on AP. Or shoot over to the SOTA Boards @ http://sotaairsoft.com/

As for Gear and Guns, you will find a wide assortment of teams in the area with varying degrees required camo, gear, equipment, etc. But like the other guys said, Goggles, Boots, water, is all you rightly need. Maybe a replica if your feeling up to actually shooting people. You will find some of the guys on AP willing to loan guns out to event they are attending, or you can chat people up on the PM's and pick people brains about what you are looking to do, and what gun would best serve you in that capacity on the field.

My turn, other than your son's interest in airsoft, what caught your interest?
And what type of game play are you interested in?
We do what we want
Rentax

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Hutch » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:31 am

I'm not sure if you're willing enough for the drive. But I think Oregon Airsoft Arena would be a good place for you (and especialy your son) to practice/train.
http://oregon-airsoft.com/
Welcome to AP!
"There was never a bad war, or a good peace." -F war quotes
Hutch
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Darius137 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 am

Hamster wrote:Ooh, TWO new people. IN ONE POST! Heh, Welcome to AP.

DOUBBBBLE RAINBOWWWW
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Previous

Return to Introductions and Orientation