New to Airsoft... trying to compile serious MILSIM team

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New to Airsoft... trying to compile serious MILSIM team

Postby Night_Stocker » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:07 am

so, to be quite honest, I've been trying to do MILSIM airsoft for the past two years and I have not found a single MILSIM team north of Seattle. I'm trying to bring serious MILSIM to Watcom County. My dream is to be part of a team on par with the Green Mountain Rangers.

yes I know what I'm looking for is a bit overreaching for a new guy

yes I know I might be looking in the wrong place

and I know that right now, I'm chairsofting (I really don't want to be. it's been too long...)

I'm still trying to get a team or (if my luck prevails) find a team willing to take a new guy under their wings.

regarding weapons: I have the ability to get a CA M4 for 110, but I don't want to make the jump for a gun that I'll never use.
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Team: 9/G

Postby Night_Stocker » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:35 am

thanks, Nasty. I know it's gonna be not just difficult, but near impossible.

I also was painfully aware of the plethora of teams that are 4 hours to the south.

well, such is life. I shall continue my crusade.
If $400,000 a year is low-class, I'm totally f***ed.
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Variable » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:57 am

MilSim is a point of view. For some its a different level than for others. Baby steps and stuff.
Welcome to AP.
Variable

Team: APST

Postby pulsipher » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Holy Crap, its someone else in bellingham

45 Foes and counting 07/23/2012
pulsipher
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Darius137 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

you could talk to Afatcow. He is in the Seattle area and looking to do mil-sim type stuff. Just trying to find people at this point.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Order_66 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Skagit Airsoft field is home to a couple of local teams, although I am not sure how milsim they are. One is WolfPack and the other is Project Xenon. In Whatcom county there is ShadowOps airsoft field, but they don't have any dedicated milsim teams operating out of there.
WALRUS's...cause we're fatter and slower than SEALs!!
Order_66
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Mr. Technicality » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Project Xenon is now Seattle-based, but it sounds like our goals are similar to yours, PAR63223078-GN-NV-BA. SAF doesn't attract a very "milsim" crowd and is more suited to weekend pick-up games. As such we're planning on discontinuing our presence there. We're not as active or as large as teams like 1st Sword, of course. But our plan is to hit the few best scenarios each year with a cohesive and well-trained fireteam or squad-sized element.
I'm a "fair weather" airsofter. I only play in the pouring rain, freezing cold, or broiling heat.
Mr. Technicality
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Unconventional » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Nasty wrote:You might be able to pull it off. Maybe not a team, but maybe a fireteam or squad sized force.

Keep in mind you want to decide on what you guys want to do, because more often than not if you force an airsofter to do something he doesn't want to do (like wear khaki gear instead of CB, or use a plate carrier instead of a chest rig), they'll storm off in a huff.

So, so true. I've seen it many times and it really puts a damper on everything. Especially if you have 3 people that are ready to stick and the 4th turns out to be a whiner..etc.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson

Custom Uniform Mods & Call Sign/Blood Type Patches:
http://unconventionaltactical.wordpress.com
Unconventional
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Switch » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:51 am

Yo! and welcome!
"The God of War hates those who hesitate"
--> Euripides, 480-406 b.c
Switch
Specops
Specops

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Snowman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 pm

I saw this one vid of a GMR training vid, I laughed so hard. Cool stuff, but again, it's years of effort.

*cough*BSPwhereareyou*cough* ;)
top lel
Snowman

Postby Night_Stocker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:22 pm

yeah, thanks for all the replies! I thought it died not long after I posted, but my email suddenly decided to consider emails from this particular site to be automatically spam.

Nasty: If I could get in touch with some people down south I'd be just as happy as if I found some up here! ANYONE close after two years of observation is good news!
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby league 4 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Well I'm in Issaquah, so somewhat near you.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Postby Jerm_G » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Nasty wrote:
Snowman wrote:

*yell*BSPwhereareyou*yell*

Fixed that for you.

Seagreen is a busy man right now but Ill pass the message on. I know the venue has been a big issue for the next event but that may be fixed now as we scouted a sight this weekend and he was giggling like a school girl. His big concern has been if there is enough interest for a BSP Challenge 2. He threw up a post awhile ago to see what the demand was and got few responses on it. If enough people demand it, he will build it. He just needs to see enough people wanting it to make it work.

BSP events are a huge undertaking and require months of planning, writing, meetings with field owners, subject, matter experts, promotional material development and with the Challenge training classes offered by said SMEs. Not to mention money for props, building material, FX, Blanks for real weapons, actors, graders, film crews and property owners. I can pass on the word as much as I want but unless he see's it on the forum he cant put it into numbers.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Jerm_G » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Ill pass the info on. He's truckin' like a mad man so I'll see what he wants to do. It helps to have a good idea on what the community wants and generating some feed back will definitely help.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Night_Stocker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:05 am

these last few replies are WAAAY over my head... may I inquire as to what you are talking aboot?
Night_Stocker
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Introductions and Orientation