Perhaps I should do this now.

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Re: Perhaps I should do this now.

Postby Hamster » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 pm

ogrejager wrote:
Hamster wrote:Anything works. Just some patterns better than others, and depends on various instances like where you're positioned, how much noise you're making, and the list goes on.

I'm confused. How does how much noise you're making effect how well your camo works? It might effect the likelihood of getting spotted because your noise is drawing their eyes, but auditory input has no effect on the visual sense, right?

Good point. I guess I was thinking about how it all links together, from hearing, to looking in the general direction, then noticing various discrepancies like foliage moving and other shapes and colors that are unnatural or something.

As of now, I have no idea what was going on in my adolescent brain.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby ogrejager » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 pm

Hamster wrote:I have no idea what was going on in my adolescent brain.

I think that's what you meant to say.

Even my dog understands the importance of camo:

Oh, and to the OP, welcome to AP.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Applegate__Airsoft » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Pacman wrote:
Spitfire wrote: I can usually stay under military showers without being detected for long periods of time.

Cool story, I see it needed correction

laughed my a$$ off :lol:
Applegate__Airsoft
Grunt
Grunt

Postby VogonFord » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm 21 and thinking I'm too old for this shit.

Boy, I can't wait to be 50.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Spitfire » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 am

Ivan Daylovich™ wrote:Go ahead and build it, then you can rub it in our faces. Until then we're gonna be cynical and go with the much more likely outcome of you not building what you say you plan to.

It may not be the same map layout, but I still do plan on starting a CQB field somewhere and with some map idea.

It couldn't be all THAT hard. I've already planned 6-8 years of college, and I currently am achieving a 3.8 or higher GPA throughout all of high school. On a track like this, I should be making plenty of money in the future to fuel my inibitions.

That and if my music production hobby ever takes off... *sigh*, I'd also be earning a good bit off of music. It's just a dream though.
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Junto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 am

You're talking about tens of thousands of dollars for a hobby you may fall out of between now and paying your student loans off. Plus, there will be hundreds more FPS maps to choose from by then. Maybe you should play the game for a while and see how far a dollar goes in airsoft.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby icebullet » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Ivan Daylovich™ wrote:Go ahead and build it, then you can rub it in our faces. Until then we're gonna be cynical and go with the much more likely outcome of you not building what you say you plan to.

It may not be the same map layout, but I still do plan on starting a CQB field somewhere and with some map idea.

It couldn't be all THAT hard. I've already planned 6-8 years of college, and I currently am achieving a 3.8 or higher GPA throughout all of high school. On a track like this, I should be making plenty of money in the future to fuel my inibitions.

That and if my music production hobby ever takes off... *sigh*, I'd also be earning a good bit off of music. It's just a dream though.

Listen, I learned this the hard way by being an idiot. You're not a special snowflake. Here on AP, we're all the same rotting fleshbags as you are, on this little rock we call Earth.

"Music production"- lol, that's funny. I do some sound work, and I'll tell you, the chance of getting to a point where you can live comfortably off of your music alone is the same as getting to the NFL or getting to the NBA.

So, anyways, rant over.

Welcome to AP, and enjoy your stay.
(21:12:32) Ivan_Daylovich: It's our hate that brings us together.

Call the surgeons and tell them to take the day off, because I'll be doing all the operating now.

There's a point where this needs to stop, and we've clearly passed it
icebullet
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:49 pm

icebullet wrote:So, anyways, rant over.

Wow. The 15 year old giving words of wisdom to the...other 15 year old.

That's rich.

Actually, though, it wasn't that bad of advice.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Spitfire » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Junto wrote:You're talking about tens of thousands of dollars for a hobby you may fall out of between now and paying your student loans off. Plus, there will be hundreds more FPS maps to choose from by then. Maybe you should play the game for a while and see how far a dollar goes in airsoft.

I can agree with this, airsoft is a much newer hobby to me. My ideas are just mere ideas.

icebullet wrote:
Listen, I learned this the hard way by being an idiot. You're not a special snowflake. Here on AP, we're all the same rotting fleshbags as you are, on this little rock we call Earth.

"Music production"- lol, that's funny. I do some sound work, and I'll tell you, the chance of getting to a point where you can live comfortably off of your music alone is the same as getting to the NFL or getting to the NBA.

So, anyways, rant over.

Anyone can do "some sound work". Turning a knob on a stereo system could be classified as "some sound work". And where did I mention anything about living comfortably off of music alone?? If I was planning on living off my music I wouldn't be going to college for 6-8 years now would I?
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cloudyrains » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Spitfire wrote:That and if my music production hobby ever takes off... *sigh*, I'd also be earning a good bit off of music

From someone who has seen the music industry up front my whole life, keep dreaming kid.
Cloudyrains
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Spitfire » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:16 am

Cloudyrains wrote:
Spitfire wrote:That and if my music production hobby ever takes off... *sigh*, I'd also be earning a good bit off of music

From someone who has seen the music industry up front my whole life, keep dreaming kid.

If everyone in the world thought that way, there would be no good music artists. I will keep dreaming, and I will keep going towards my goal.
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pacman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:07 pm

2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Gator » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:12 pm

:roll: Hey, Thats what people want to do with their lives, so be it. I'm sure these people understand it wont be easy.
Gator
Soldier
Soldier

Team: 5 Reg.

Postby Spitfire » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Gator wrote::roll: Hey, Thats what people want to do with their lives, so be it. I'm sure these people understand it wont be easy.

Exactly. That's why im going to college, so I have something to fall back on. :D
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Introductions and Orientation