hi im BIG DOG

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

hi im BIG DOG

Postby oregonblackops » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:41 pm

I run oregonblackops. We are curently recruiting a min of 20 players and a max of 48. Our uniforms are bdu jungle and pure black. Guns don't matter as long as you have a m4 or m16 as a back up.we do ask for a 15 dollar membership to cover team costs for training and games. Thanks
BIG DOGut
oregonblackops
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: hi im BIG DOG

Postby drpepper475 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 pm

is that a monthy membership fee?
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Postby Orwell » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:02 am

...hi. Welcome to AP. Read the stickies and you'll have more fun here. :)
Orwell
Ranger
Ranger

Postby oregonblackops » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:05 am

Yes it is
oregonblackops
Recruit
Recruit

Postby JamesW » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:24 am

Why should I pay $15 to be on a team when I can be on one for free?
[img]http://www.knightairsoft.com/​kalabordaysig.png[/img]
Riddick wrote:I don't like the price of Rick's ammo
JamesW
Soldier
Soldier

Team: [ODK]

Postby Hamster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:39 am

JamesW wrote:Why should I pay $15 to be on a team when I can be on one for free?

Pretty much.

I guess, welcome.

Offer your left butt cheek to Darius. Unless, you're one of those minors who've masked their age on the interwebs.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby oregonblackops » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:07 am

Because it'll cover the entrace to fields as well field rental for training.
oregonblackops
Recruit
Recruit

Postby crazydemon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:16 am

oregonblackops wrote:I run oregonblackops. We are curently recruiting a min of 20 players and a max of 48.

Its nice to see that you are recruiting new players to your team. But what is your team? Why should I join your team?

oregonblackops wrote:Guns don't matter as long as you have a m4 or m16 as a back up.

That seems to be a contradiction. Guns do matter if I am required to have an M4/M16 as a backup.

oregonblackops wrote:we do ask for a 15 dollar membership to cover team costs for training and games.

What does this 15 dollar membership fee get me. Are my travel expenses covered to a game. Are the field fees and cost of bb's covered. I would definitely need some more information before I would shell out even 15 dollars a month to a new team.

All in all if you are trying to start a new team give an accurate and decisive post on what your team is about, and what your looking for in players. And definitely a good explanation why anyone hear should pay money to be on your team.
I can't outrun the bullet. So I might as well stay to face it.
crazydemon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby laggard » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:25 am

oregonblackops wrote: Guns don't matter as long as you have a m4 or m16 as a back up.we do ask for a 15 dollar membership to cover team costs for training and games.

Wow. I have never been more turned off by a team in my life.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
laggard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Matt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 am

Not many teams here require a payment of dues to join. Instead, they vote on expenses and members decide to pool their money to purchase the things they need. If people don't like the idea of paying dues, you might try that concept instead.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Nark » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:51 am

Welcome to AP. Whats BDU Jungle?!?! Never heard of that pattern. A monthly fee? What if you don't go to any games that month? What if you go to 4-6 games in the month? $15 won't cover that many games. $15 wouldn't cover any of the bigger games anyways. When my team charged money we charged for training days at OAA because we had to rent the upstairs space. It was usually about $10-20 a head depending on how many showed up. And it's also a little weird to introduce your team and say you want to charge a $15 membership when you only have 3 posts :|
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Pacman » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 am

I for one would not join any team that requires membership fees unless I saw something more than a badly punctuated, grammatically incorrect posting. What is the incentive to give you monthly dues when people could just as easily pay for all that themselves. This has to be a joke right? Unless your offering special access to a great field I don't think your going to get many takers- especially with that loadout. More power to you if you can convince people to drink the koolaid
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby oregonblackops » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:09 am

Up date 15 dollars covers the ammo and game entry fee it also covers lunnch. You are no longer requiered to have a m4 or m16 but you must be able to attend at least two trainning days a month and at least one game per month. As for what camo we run its the woodland bdu and sraight black. We are a special ops team that dosent exist. We try to keep our fire teams at twelve men a team which lncludes a medic sniper two st guns a grenader five riffle men and a team leader I'm alpha leader venom has brovo team we have room for two more teams for now.
oregonblackops
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Nark » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 am

Fire teams are commonly 4 not 12. 12 guys is a squad. Many smaller games don't allow usage of medic so that's kind of pointless. Having a sniper in a fire team is equally as useless because they go out before the game starts at larger events and usually operate by themselves regardless of the game. Try woodland and OD, MARPAT and OD would work better, not black. Works better in this environment. Saying you're special ops doesn't mean anything to us when you only have 4 posts and to be honest I haven't heard of you. Where's your website? Pics? Pics of actual team members?
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Matt » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 am

I think what he's trying to say by "We are a special ops team that dosent exist." ... is that they're not trying to emulate any existing unit. Just my guess.
Matt

Team: APST

Next

Return to Introductions and Orientation