Rank Noob looking for a team/mentor

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Rank Noob looking for a team/mentor

Postby Xess Dx » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Having discovered Airsoft in 2009 doing Zombie shoots, I did one field event in 2010 and discovered a: my Glock replica was not gonna work for field battles (looking at getting a new AEG), and b: field battles are a ton of fun.

I'm looking to get myself and my step-daughter (13) into the sport, and hoping to find a team in the Portland/Bethany/Beaverton area we can train with.

Contact me at seportlander@gmail.com, and I look forward to joining the local airsoft community.

Matthew
Xess Dx
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Rank Noob looking for a team/mentor

Postby EnarahRovaaniik » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Welcome to the sport, sir. I may not be as much help as most of the people on here but I hope I can help. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
EnarahRovaaniik
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Pacman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:38 pm

You don't need team to get out and play, pick an event and go. Once you find a team who's playing style you like or make some friends then look at joining/forming a team.
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Tombstone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Welcome to the game. Like Pacman said, your best bet is going to be hitting a few Skirmishes and OP's and deciding which team you want to join, rather then just letting somebody snatch you up like a gradeschool kickball game.
Through fighting alongside people you'll quickly learn who you work well with, who you dont, and who is going to be on their best behavior around your 13 year old daughter.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Postby Chesty_01 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 pm

www.phantomfuryairsoft.com

Check us out, we have a few Father/Son groups on the team, Train regularly and play all the time. Its a hell of a commitment, but if thats what your looking for, feel free to drop us a dime.
Chesty_01
Specops
Specops

Postby NFS_Shadow » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Come out to camp R&R for crisis Korea march 9-10. Gonna be a lot of good people out there. We always welcome newbies into the group
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Xess Dx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Thank you for the replies and support!!

Other than the calendar on this site (which seems pretty thin, or does it fill as the year goes on?) are there other places to find out about events/practices/skirmishes?

While I have no problem making a fool of myself in the name of fun, practice makes perfect, and I'd love to get some pratice in and maybe get a few pointers as well.

Thoughts/ideas?

Matthew
Xess Dx
Recruit
Recruit

Postby NFS_Shadow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 am

Xess Dx wrote:Thank you for the replies and support!!

Other than the calendar on this site (which seems pretty thin, or does it fill as the year goes on?) are there other places to find out about events/practices/skirmishes?

While I have no problem making a fool of myself in the name of fun, practice makes perfect, and I'd love to get some pratice in and maybe get a few pointers as well.

Thoughts/ideas?

Matthew

It is true that the calender is very thin at the moment, i personally plan on putting something together for next month. Gotta fill that thing up with some games.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby topshot » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 am

Joining a team is not the only option 2 person teams work quite well and are harder to detect. As far as training goes you could join a team or learn just by playing like I did.

Welcome to airsoft
topshot
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Introductions and Orientation