Fresh Spawn from Portland, OR

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Fresh Spawn from Portland, OR

Postby BDeka » Sun May 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Hey everybody, I'm BDeka (pronounced Bee Daeka) and I've recently become interested in Airsoft guns. I've been a PC gamer for a few years and I think it's about time I get out of the house and do something on my feet. I've never owned (or fired, to be honest) an Airsoft gun but I believe it will be a very fun hobby to have.

Some things that could be useful to know;
1)What's some good starting gear for someone my age?

2)Are there any good ranges/fields near Portland?

Thanks to anyone and everyone who takes the time to say hi and answer my questions. I hope to be a good member of the PACNW Airsoft community :D.

~BDeka
BDeka
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Fresh Spawn from Portland, OR

Postby Darius137 » Sun May 12, 2013 8:52 pm

It's not about age, but about how much you want to spend. I suggest you come out to a low key event and see what people use, and ask to try it on. That way you'll know what you want before you buy it. Or you can go to Airsoft Outlet NW in Cornelius and try on some gear. If you're in Washington, there is ThunderKiss NW (airsoft store) in Vancouver, to try stuff on.

There are some indoor areas, and there are a few fields. Local field that is regularly open is http://www.camprandr.com or two indoor arenas (one in Hillsboro, one in NE Portland).

My advice is to go to a game, try stuff on and weapons out, then ask in person about what you want.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby BDeka » Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks man, I'll definitely look into events going on over at R&R.
BDeka
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Hamster » Sun May 12, 2013 11:45 pm

Welcome to AP.

Obviously, first thing's first is you'll want some sort of ANZI rated eye protection, but that's probably a given. Normal shop glasses from Ace Hardware or Home Depot work. You could also want some sort of mouth protection to protect your teeth, so picking up a paintball mask is another valid solution.

As Darius said, hit up ANOW, TKNW, or a local arena in Hilsboro to check out gear and stuff. Pick out things you like. Try things on. Yeah.

iguanas/giraffes
Hamster
Ranger
Ranger

Postby NFS_Shadow » Mon May 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Haha first post deleted. Anyways welcome. I've got some gear I'm trying to sell if you're interested. Vest with all the pouches you'll ever need. Just send me a pm.
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Marpat » Mon May 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Welcome to the airsoft community! One of the most fun things about airsoft is making your loadout exactly what you want it to be (airsoft is 50% dress up) lol. i started 2 years ago and i have not had a job so everything i got, i had to save up for. so if you have money, get what you want but if you are in my situation it will take time. to be honest, i have spent countless hours online and at airsoft outlet looking at gear, and i enjoyed every minute of it. so for gear and weapons, its all about what you want... but do research first and make sure you are happy with your choices.
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Introductions and Orientation