I am new

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

I am new

Postby Kasper » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:45 am

Hello AP community, as the title says, I am new to this site and to Airsofting...in the past growing up I have played with friends, and even used proper guns and loadouts (not any of that cheap clear plastic spring crap) however have never played in any large events, I live in Vancouver, WA and would really like to put my gun and loadout to good use, I was referred here from my local shop and I noticed there are events here like the one coming up on the 31st and I was thinking about attending that event however I have a bad habit with wanting to do something and then chickening out because I am a shy person and I don't know anyone there and would feel out of place, so I figured I should try and start getting to know some people now that way I don't have any good reason to not go, with all that said I am 18 and unfortunately still unemployed and searching for work so I don't have a licence due to no money for car insurance and while I do have a small amount, I don't have tons to dump into gear at the moment, however I would love to find something to do (besides filling out job applications and watching TV) as well as meet new people and possibly gain a friend or two along the way, I am interested in playing as much as I can and at some-point am really interested in joining a team, I am not sure what else to say so with that...Hello my name is Josh, what's yours?
Kasper
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: I am new

Postby Tombstone » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 am

Hey Josh,
Welcome to Airsoft Pacific, the Northwest's largest airsoft community. I stress that our community is enormous, and just like highschool or college it is full of the good and the bad.
If I could offer you some advice:
-Read the Stickies at the top of every forum. They are indicated by a little pushpin in the left column. These have been written and revised over the years to include nearly all the basic information you could ever need to get into, and sustain, your airsoft habit.

-Come out to games. I know for a shy person this is quite a hurdle, but I cannot stress enough that the best way to get to know the good guys in the community is to actually attend events. Hell, you dont even need to really talk to anybody; if your face starts popping up again and again you'll be an AP celebrity in no time flat, and you'll separate yourselves from the chairsofters that prowl the forums but just let their gear collect dust in their closet.

-Spell check, edit, and format your posts before hitting the submit button. Since your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are the only medium for getting your voice heard here, it is always better to make yourself understandable, rather then come across as a raving lunatic with word-walls, run on sentences, and words misspelled so poorly they are unreadable.

Again, welcome to AP,and I look forward to seeing you down my sights soon.
No expectations, No disappointment
Tombstone

Team: Mithril

Re: I am new

Postby Aforbit » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:13 am

Hello Kasper,

Tombstone said it all, Soo I will just say hello and welcome to AP. :D

One thing I will say about AP is that most people here are more than willing to help you out, however the advice given here is not sugar coated or filtered. The guys here are strait shooters if something is crap they will tell you and If you type out illegible jargon you will be mocked for it, but in the end take everything with a grain of salt and keep a good sense of humor you will get along just fine with everyone here.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to Introductions and Orientation