New to airsoft in general

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

New to airsoft in general

Postby Demo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Hey all! I'm *brand new* to all of this (only been to a small handful of backyard matches) and pretty nervous about going to any larger-scale games with people from other groups. I struggle with social anxiety and a lack of confidence, so patience and understanding would be greatly appreciated.

I live in Corvallis, OR and was introduced to airsoft by fellow teammate Jaster a few years back, but only recently joined. I've never felt very capable, but hopefully with more practice I'll be a decent player. I also have some very supportive teammates, which I'm thankful for. I do look forward to improving and eventually attending bigger games.

Please excuse my complete lack of knowledge or experience... I always appreciate any advice/suggestions, and explanations are helpful (I will likely need them, sorry if it ever gets annoying). Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future!
Demo
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: New to airsoft in general

Postby Jaster » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Glad you came to join my on AP. Welcome. :)
Jaster
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Aforbit » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:50 am

Welcome to AP!

We were all new at one time. I hope you enjoy your time here on AP and on the fields playing airsoft. I hope it helps your self confidence and helps you better yourself as a person.
Last edited by Aforbit on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:51 am

Welcome to AP, try going out to the smaller skirms at R&R first and then join a bigger game or vice versa. Just try to have fun and it will get easier to get out to games. Getting proper gear might also help just cause it's something that you can feel better about and get a little confidence from. Best of luck!
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Cyclops » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 am

Go to LOW7 ....... My 1st big game and I was pretty much like you I think. But look at it this way... Jump in a 8ft deep pool and learn to swim. Scared at first minute but after you find your zing you relax and start having fun. A few team mates and I first game we teamed up with Phantom Fury and HighLife was the commander. He is a GREAT guy to learn from and pushes you to where your not just sitting back. Kinda like he is the one that throws in the pool. But the rewards is worth it. Welcome to AP. Play as much as you can and remember everyone is in this to have fun and get away from outside life.....
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Return to Introductions and Orientation