Long… Awkward... Handshake…

New to Airsoft Pacific? Start here, read the RULES thread and please feel free to introduce yourself.

Long… Awkward... Handshake…

Postby Mrpuppy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello Everyone!

Before I get into anything, let me give you guys some background on me and my goals. My names Mike McCleary and I was one of the founder’s of an old team, Vancouver Tactical Airsoft (VTA).We played mostly up at ABT and went to a few big games like Steel Talon and Ivan Crossing. If the name even sounds remotely familiar, you probably remember the cocky punk teenagers who thought they could take on the world with their mom’s money. No doubt that attitude made a lot of bad relationships, with a lot of teams, and people…. But at the end of it all, we ended with some great friends. Really cool people who ended up becoming amazing players. But all good things come to an end. The team spit up because ABT shut down and most of the team members joined the Marine Corps or the Army and we all got the hell out of dodge. Every now and then a couple of us would come back on leave and play game or two. I’m a Marine and over in Afghanistan right now, ready to get out and come back to the real world next spring. I’m super excited to start playing again. Most of the other guys are getting out soon after that. We are probably not going to stick with the old team name and go with something short and simple but we haven’t really decided. One of my main goals is to link up with other groups maybe at big games and complete squad based missions and what not. Also going to try to set up some small skirmishes out in Vancouver and meet some new teams and just play some damn airsoft. It’s been way to long and It’s really hard coming back to this site four years down the road and looking at how much the web site has changed, how much the gear has changed. Shoot, just how the whole sport has changed, and still having to wait a little bit longer to play. We are not those punk kids anymore and hope I to see you down range in the future.

Thanks for your time!
Last edited by Mrpuppy on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Long… Awkward... Handshake…

Postby Pacman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Lordy look whos back! Isn't amazing how we all grow up eventually? Glad to see your around again and hope to shoot you sooner than later. Stay safe out there tough guy!
2010 AP player of the year
Pacman
Specops
Specops

Postby Mrpuppy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks Rob. Yeah I got a field out in Vancouver I wanna start playing at but its mostly untouched and has no trails. So we gotta set up some games and test the place out.
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ogrejager » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:57 am

Welcome (back) and thank you for your service!

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Alien_Hunter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm going into the Navy, but I'll be damned if I give up airsoft! Oorah!
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mrpuppy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:59 am

Alien_Hunter wrote:I'm going into the Navy, but I'll be damned if I give up airsoft! Oorah!

I wish it were that easy my friend. Especially for you because your chance of getting stationed on a ship is pretty high. However don't let anything stop you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chowdberg » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Mrpuppy wrote:
Alien_Hunter wrote:I'm going into the Navy, but I'll be damned if I give up airsoft! Oorah!

I wish it were that easy my friend. Especially for you because your chance of getting stationed on a ship is pretty high. However don't let anything stop you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Imagine all of those confined close quarters for some fun Airsoft times. Until you were caught of course!

But, welcome back to the Pacific Northwest, and as said before, thank you for your service.

Since I make trips up to Washington for games all the time, I'd happily come up to any you'd host, or if I could, I'd be more than good to lend a hand in setting up your field. Making paths, props, etc.
I'd tell you to be careful. It's not the Tank you need to fear.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Mrpuppy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 pm

ogrejager wrote:Welcome (back) and thank you for your service!

No thank you for the appreciation. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys and shootin the shit.
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mrpuppy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Chowdberg wrote:Imagine all of those confined close quarters for some fun Airsoft times. Until you were caught of course!

But, welcome back to the Pacific Northwest, and as said before, thank you for your service.

Since I make trips up to Washington for games all the time, I'd happily come up to any you'd host, or if I could, I'd be more than good to lend a hand in setting up your field. Making paths, props, etc.

Oh for sure. I've always wanted to do play a scenario like game in a ship. I spent about three months on ship and everyday during cleanup we would find more BB's in our living area. Thanks for your appreciation. My field is not to far away from 192nd Ave and Mill Plain. just outside the city limits. So pretty close to the highway for people coming from different city's which is nice. Like I said its mostly untouched so me and my guys are gonna do a couple practice games before I do anything serious up there. But yeah that would be super cool if you came up helped too. When the time comes I will start posting small games in the event calendar. Thanks for the support!
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alien_Hunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:11 pm

It's supposedly going to be 50/50 stationed and at sea. Hopefully that is the case!
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mrpuppy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:It's supposedly going to be 50/50 stationed and at sea. Hopefully that is the case!

Whats the job you want.
America
Mrpuppy
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Introductions and Orientation